What's new

International July 2018 Powerhouse/Indicator Films Releases (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
080_hammer_vol3_blood_and_terror_3d_72dpi_rgb_1000px_transp-png.46046

PRE-ORDER NOW: THIS ITEM WILL BE RELEASED ON 23 JULY 2018, BUT YOU CAN PRE-ORDER IT NOW TO BE GUARANTEED A COPY. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THE ITEM WILL SHIP JUST BEFORE THE RELEASE DATE.
HAMMER VOLUME THREE: BLOOD & TERROR
THE CAMP ON BLOOD ISLAND (Val Guest, 1958)
YESTERDAY’S ENEMY (Val Guest, 1959)
THE STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY (Terence Fisher, 1959)
THE TERROR OF THE TONGS (Anthony Bushell, 1961)
Release date: 23 July 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World premieres on Blu-ray)
Four classic and controversial works from the vaults of Hammer Films, all released on Blu-ray for the very first time. Containing a wealth of new and archival extra features – including exclusive new documentaries and appreciations, new interviews with actors and crew members, archival audio commentaries, and extensive booklets – this stunning...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 080_HAMMER_VOL3_BLOOD_AND_TERROR_3D_72dpi_RGB_1000px_transp.png
    080_HAMMER_VOL3_BLOOD_AND_TERROR_3D_72dpi_RGB_1000px_transp.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,785
Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news on another Hammer set and great titles. I was worried that they would skip these two WWII Hammers. Yesterdays Enemy is a very intense and underrated gem with a great performance by Stanley Baker. I hope they do all the Hammer Swashbucklers too but they will need a 5th box to get all the remaining Columbia Hammers that they still have: Sword of Sherwood Forest, The Devil-ship pirates, The crimson blade, the brighand of Kandahar, Scream of Fear, Revenge of Frankenstein, Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll and Creatures the World Forgot.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Day 1 for me ! : ) Can't wait to see Tongs on Blu. Keep them coming Indicator !! : ) Preordered today ! : )

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG is, in my opinion, Arthur Lubin's best film. When I briefly knew him in the early 70's, and asked him about his career, I did not even know about this film, and he did not mention it. I was certainly familiar with THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1943) and his work with Abbott and Costello, the Francis the Talking Mule films (and subsequent Mr. Ed series on t.v.), and ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES. But I only finally caught up with FOOTSTEPS relatively recently, and it's an amazingly cohesive and atmospheric costume thriller that falls right in line along with classics like the superior 1940 Anton Walbrook version of GASLIGHT. Nicely photographed in color and well-acted by Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons. I highly recommend it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks