What's new

Julie Adams Has Passed Away at 92 (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I always loved her in Perry Mason and Creature from the Black Lagoon. R.I.P. Julie!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/julie-adams-dead-creature-black-lagoon-actress-was-92-1047543

julieadamscreaturebanner1200x627.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I liked Julie (Julia) Adams too. I saw her last week in Hollywood Story. I thought she was unlucky during her Universal period in frequently being given "soft" roles to play and working with directors with no ability for getting good performances from actresses. If Julie Adams had worked with directors like Sirk, Fleischer and Walsh, she'd have been a bigger star.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
RIP. She was gorgeous.

Btw, for a second, I thought the title was Julie Andrews had passed away.
same here!! But losing this Julie is just as sad as the other will be. One of the first of the great screaming ladies I saw when mom told me I would like those scary late night movies if I just gave them a try instead of spraining my fingers offing the TV. Can't wait to see her in Perry Mason! So many great faces on that show just like Night Gallery, Columbo, etc.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Always found her an enjoyable and skilled actress. Her recurring role as the always erotically-charged Eve Simpson on Murder, She Wrote was always a joy to watch. Thoughts go to her friends and family.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My first erotic charge in '54 when I saw her in CFTBL! She was my first movie girlfriend and I even learned her name at age 4 so I would see all her movies.
At least I got to tell her the above and she got a kick out of it! Absolutely gracious to the end. I will miss her, my first love...

Last edited:

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I always envied the Creature since he had the best view of her swimming in that lagoon. Just viewed her in an episode of Perry Mason last week, "The Case of the Lover's Leap" as well as "Epitaph For A Swinger" on Dan August. Always enjoyed seeing her pop up on TV. Thoughts and prayers for her loved ones. May she RIP.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I liked Julie (Julia) Adams too. I saw her last week in Hollywood Story. I thought she was unlucky during her Universal period in frequently being given "soft" roles to play and working with directors with no ability for getting good performances from actresses. If Julie Adams had worked with directors like Sirk, Fleischer and Walsh, she'd have been a bigger star.
I first saw her in 1951's Bright Victory with Oscar nominee Arthur Kennedy, directed by Mark Robson. That's another film I wish was available on DVD or Blu-ray.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I first saw her in 1951's Bright Victory with Oscar nominee Arthur Kennedy, directed by Mark Robson. That's another film I wish was available on DVD or Blu-ray.
A really good film that needs to be on disc. She was pretty good in it. I watched a stream of it on TCM a few months back as I haven't seen it in several years.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
I met her several times at the Egyptian and she was always gracious and good-humored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks