John Woo and Metroid! Unbelievable news!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chris_clem, Apr 9, 2004.

1. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

check this out:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13860,00.html

This has potential to be something good... unlike other video game franchises! I'll believe it when I see it but for now it's on the right track....[​IMG]

...And an advanced apology to the moderators since I posted this in both this forum and the video game forum as well, I couldn't decide where it would reach more people who would be interested in this.:b

2. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I ain't holding my breath. I'd love to see a Metroid movie though. The original game for the Nintendo is still one of my all-time favs. The twist ending revealing Samus to be a woman was also memorable.

So does this mean we'll also be getting a Kid Icarus movie? [​IMG]

3. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Second Unit

OK, I'll be the first to ask: What part will white doves play? [​IMG]

4. Ben_@

Ben_@ Stunt Coordinator

This could be the breaker, in the sense that it may be a video game movie that does not suck. However, this game has only one character, Samus. You run around a planet long since devoid of intelligent life (aside from the boss enemies). This sounds about as good as making a game based on Doom (who's movie rights have also been optioned). Metroid has always been a single player exploration game. It'll be interesting to see how they write this movie.