What's new

John Ford At Columbia 1935-1958 blu ray box set (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Powerhouse/Indicator in the U.K. is releasing a box set of four John Ford films on blu ray. Three have seen U.S. releases: The Whole Town’s Talking, Gideon’s Day, The Last Hurrah and making its blu ray debut with a 4K restoration, The Long Gray Line. There was hope of Twilight Time releasing The Long Gray Line but since its demise, it’s moot. Of course, there’s always the possibility Sony might release it itself in the U.S. Product details can be found here: 

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Seriously? Nice, I don’t have any of these in any format!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A word of warning, unlike the other Indicator sets, this set is locked to region B, it seems that Sony are insisting on it now.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Powerhouse/Indicator in the U.K. is releasing a box set of four John Ford films on blu ray. Three have seen U.S. releases: The Whole Town's Talking, Gideon's Day, The Last Hurrah and making its blu ray debut with a 4K restoration, The Long Gray Line. There was hope of Twilight Time releasing The Long Gray Line but since its demise, it's moot. Of course, there's always the possibility Sony might release it itself in the U.S. Product details can be found here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...bb89675c828a9c4b405410e2bbadd6&language=en_GB
Unfortunately, I have three of those on Blu-ray already so I guess my HD digital for "The Long Gray Line" has to suffice for now.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A word of warning, unlike the other Indicator sets, this set is locked to region B, it seems that Sony are insisting on it now.

Which indicates (no pun intended) that perhaps Sony has plans of its own to release The Long Gray Line in the U.S. The other three are still in print on blu ray.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, I have three of those on Blu-ray already so I guess my HD digital for "The Long Gray Line" has to suffice for now.

I've been dragging my arse about buying those three U.S. released Ford titles so this does seem like the perfect opportunity to kill four birds with one stone.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would probably have been all over this if I hadn’t already invested in the two Twilight Time titles. I think I may wait to get the other two from iTunes when the price is right.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I have several Indicator sets and they play on my Region A player. Is this something they are changing now so the discs you buy from now on won't play unless it's Region B?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have several Indicator sets and they play on my Region A player. Is this something they are changing now so the discs you buy from now on won't play unless it's Region B?

Well as I read it online, it's not Indicator, it's Sony saying that their titles must be region locked from this release on. I suppose it's so that Sony can license the titles in America.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It says they are Region B on their website ... Some of the earlier Arrow (a different company) discs were marked Region B but played in Region A. Until the discs are released on April 20, there is probably no way to tell. Unless a reviewer indicates (ahem) they play in Region A ...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Powerhouse/Indicator in the U.K. is releasing a box set of four John Ford films on blu ray. Three have seen U.S. releases: The Whole Town's Talking, Gideon's Day, The Last Hurrah and making its blu ray debut with a 4K restoration, The Long Gray Line. There was hope of Twilight Time releasing The Long Gray Line but since its demise, it's moot. Of course, there's always the possibility Sony might release it itself in the U.S. Product details can be found here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...bb89675c828a9c4b405410e2bbadd6&language=en_GB
Wait, Twilight Time is out of business? Is that correct?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Amazon.uk page for this set states it is currently not shipping to the US due to high demand. It is still a preorder and can be ordered from ZAVVI and directly from https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/ for shipping to the US..

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Amazon.uk page for this set states it is currently not shipping to the US due to high demand. It is still a preorder and can be ordered from ZAVVI and directly from https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/ for shipping to the US..

I ordered the Budd Boetticher box set (along with two other titles) during the recent Powerhouse/Indicator sale directly from their site. I received an e-mail on March 18th that the item was being prepared for shipment to the U.S. That was 1 week, 6 days ago and the status still remains being prepared for shipment to the U.S. I contacted Indicator and received a reply that that is the most recent information they have too and that flights to the U.S. have been severely cut down. Just a FYI that any orders from Indicator/Powerhouse may be a long time in coming.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I ordered the Budd Boetticher box set (along with two other titles) during the recent Powerhouse/Indicator sale directly from their site. I received an e-mail on March 18th that the item was being prepared for shipment to the U.S. That was 1 week, 6 days ago and the status still remains being prepared for shipment to the U.S. I contacted Indicator and received a reply that that is the most recent information they have too and that flights to the U.S. have been severely cut down. Just a FYI that any orders from Indicator/Powerhouse may be a long time in coming.

You are correct. Flights are severely limited now. I didn't think of that. That probably explains why Amazon UK is not shipping to the US though that is not what it says on the order page.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's going to be a while before I ordered anything internationally due to these shipping delays. I don't have the patience to be dealing with such delays while they have my money.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be a while before I ordered anything internationally due to these shipping delays. I don't have the patience to be dealing with such delays while they have my money.

Yes, you and me both. I usually ordered from Amazon UK, Amazon FR and Amazon DE once a month. But now, I'll limit myself to domestic orders (and even those are taking longer than usual) until this crisis is over (assuming I survive it :()

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks