Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It's going to be a while before I ordered anything internationally due to these shipping delays. I don't have the patience to be dealing with such delays while they have my money.
Amazon UK charges me when they ship.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert

J. Casey

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
I had preordered the Hammer Volume 5 set from Amazon UK and it came in this week on schedule. Looks like if you preordered before they stopped shipments to the USA, they still send it......or at least in this case they did.

Reactions: ahollis

ahollis

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Allen
I had preordered the Hammer Volume 5 set from Amazon UK and it came in this week on schedule. Looks like if you preordered before they stopped shipments to the USA, they still send it......or at least in this case they did.
My copy of Hammer 5 and The Mad Magician arrived last Monday. However, I got a notice that three titles I had ordered were cancelled and I should re-order then in a few months.

Reactions: dana martin

dana martin

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Dana Martin
My copy of Hammer 5 and The Mad Magician arrived last Monday. However, I got a notice that three titles I had ordered were cancelled and I should re-order then in a few months.
Can you verify that is regional locked to B or have you tried a region A player as well

ahollis

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Allen
Reactions: dana martin

ahollis

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Allen
Can you verify that is regional locked to B or have you tried a region A player as well
All 4 discs in The Hammer Collection Vol 5 were coded for region B and locked for that region. Luckily I moved to to an all region player a few years ago.

dana martin

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's time maybe for me to upgrade to a different Blu-ray player if I can find one that's 3D compatible as well

Reactions: ahollis

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's time maybe for me to upgrade to a different Blu-ray player if I can find one that's 3D compatible as well
I think 3D is still common in blu ray players.

Garysb

Producer
Reaction score
Amazon.uk page for this set states it is currently not shipping to the US due to high demand. It is still a preorder and can be ordered from ZAVVI and directly from https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/ for shipping to the US..
Amazon UK has resumed shipping to the USA but only shipping available is Amazon Global Priory which is expensive. 11.18 pounds to ship this set. Currently showing as sold out at ZAVVI but still available directly from Powerhouse.

Pictureman

Extra
Reaction score
Real Name
Frank
Got mine yesterday from Amazon and can highly recommend it. Quality looks excellent and the set is beautifully presented with lots of poster art and a nice thick booklet full of interest for each film. Superb job from Powerhouse/Indicator. Box is numbered from a run of 6000, so may not be on the shelf very long.

Reactions: RMajidi

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Website
nixpixdvdmoviereviewsandmore.blogspot.ca
Real Name
NICK
By now, region coding deep catalog releases ought to have become an antique practice - especially when the rights holder on both sides of the pond is the same rights holder - in this case - Sony. Why not release it once, and make your money worldwide? Just dumb.

And since a lot of the stuff coming from the U.K. is oft misrepresented as 'region B' locked, when in actuality, it's region free, the situation becomes even more complicated as collector's struggle to figure out what they can and cannot order.

No 4K region free players yet so no sale for me. Before I get a ton of replies informing me that 4K content is not region locked, let me just go on the record to say - yes - I know. I was referring to the fact that I prefer to own a 4K player that can play region locked Blu-rays also, as opposed to owning my current 4K player and then having to find another space to house a region free Blu-ray player that does not upscale to 4K.

Worth

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
...No 4K region free players yet so no sale for me...
If you're looking for an all-in-one, region-free 4K player, they are available:

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
By now, region coding deep catalog releases ought to have become an antique practice - especially when the rights holder on both sides of the pond is the same rights holder - in this case - Sony. Why not release it once, and make your money worldwide? Just dumb.

And since a lot of the stuff coming from the U.K. is oft misrepresented as 'region B' locked, when in actuality, it's region free, the situation becomes even more complicated as collector's struggle to figure out what they can and cannot order.

No 4K region free players yet so no sale for me. Before I get a ton of replies informing me that 4K content is not region locked, let me just go on the record to say - yes - I know. I was referring to the fact that I prefer to own a 4K player that can play region locked Blu-rays also, as opposed to owning my current 4K player and then having to find another space to house a region free Blu-ray player that does not upscale to 4K.
There are quite a few Region Free 4K players or (Sony, LG, Samsung) or in Oppo's case extremely easy to mod though no longer $50, unless you mean you just don't happen to have one of them yet or the model you prefer isn't yet available modded. There are also quite a few RegionFree Bluray players that upscale to 4K since some people prefer to take a bit of workload off their 4K player -- won't presume to tell you how well they do.

Certain studios like Indicator are very good at listing the region coding of their items
Almost nobody else is and most retailers (Zavvi and Amazon) of course just default all discs to their Region and only occasionally list a discs as Region Free.
Arrow lists some items correctly, but the majority of their UK site items default to B regardless though there is a good googledoc floating around that reports all the known titles in one place at least (I think over 80% of the released titles were confirmed already)
I'm not sure if Eureka list any of their items anything other than B.

Last edited:

John Hodson

Producer
Reaction score
Website
filmjournal.net
Real Name
John
If it's not enough that the films in this set are brilliantly presented, the supplements are both plentiful and educational, the packaging is a delight then any Ford scholar, or folks just seeking the very best educational matter on same, will rejoice in the Tag Gallagher video essays in this set. Enjoy his erudite and entertaining observations while you can.

Bliss.

Reactions: Robin9

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViciousKing