What's new

John Carpenter's "Christine" SE DVD - October 5th (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
Oh man I love the heck out of this flick! As far as I'm concerned, Keith Gordon should have won the Oscar for this portrayal of Arnie Cunningham. He really was possessed! I'll definitely pick this up.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
And whatever happened to the Starman SE that came out overseas? What is it with film companies ignoring John Carpenter audio commentaries (see Prince of Darkness and They Live for proof)?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Add another thumbs up for Keith's performance. Just fantastic.

It really seems to me like studios are announcing one SE re-release after another these days, but this is one I'll gladly double-dip on. Let's just hope that it contains some kind of reunion featurette. I also hope that the commentary will feature both Keith and Carpenter, as Carpenter, in my mind, is a lot better on commentaries when he's not alone, and Keith is a very engaging speaker, judging by the interviews I've seen on other DVDs (notably Jaws 2 and Dressed to Kill).

Chris

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah! I will gladly double dip this one! It will be interesting to hear Carpenter's take on the story, as I've read in the past that he thought his biggest mistake was taking the "ghost" out of the car. THE THING and now this?! Going to be a good Halloween!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

CHRISTINE SPECIAL EDITION FROM SONY/COLUMBIA
Dolby Digital 5.1
Commentary
Trailer
Making-Of Doc
1.33:1 Full screen only

:D

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Dammit...Ive been trying to stay away from double dipping on non A/V upgraded SEs, but I think I'll have to check this one out as I love this film as much as anyone else here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks