What's new

John Carpenter's "Christine" SE DVD - October 5th (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Accoring to this fan site, http://www.aow13.com/

Columbia is interested in releasing a new special edition DVD for "Christine".

If this happens, I sure hope they'll take a new stance on releasing a SE of "Starman" as well.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I'll buy a SE of Christine to replace my bare-bones version in a second. Great news (If it's true of course)

Dean

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Okay, here's a question. If Sony is going to give us a Christine Special Edition, will they also give us the Starman Special Edition already available in other countries? Currently they claim that the bare bones one hasn't sold enough copies to warrant a re-release. I wonder if the new atrocious cover art has anything to do with it.

And while I'm griping, is there any chance that Universal will license the audio commentaries created by that German company for re-releases of They Live and Price of Darkness?

-Lyle J.P.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Lyle

here in the UK both films have been released with the commentaries.

I would love to get a SE of Christine as well

Count me in

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I remember hearing that Carpenter dislikes Christine (strange, it's one of his better movies), so I don't know whether we'll be getting a commentary out of him.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
John Carpenter is my favorite director, and CHRISTINE is one of his very best! I do hope this rumor is true, as every Carpenter film deserves the SE treatment in my book!

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
King had absolutely nothing to do with the making of the film Christine.
So what? Lots of novelists have nothing to do with films made of their books, but I'd still like to hear a commentary track from them if they're willing to record one. Chuck Palahniuk, for example, took no part in the screenplay for Fight Club, yet his commentary on that disc was quite enjoyable and informative.

DJ

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I remember hearing somewhere that Christine is one of the few King films that the author actually likes. Can't remember where I read this. Anybody else remember hearing anything like this?

I would definitely buy an SE of Christine, as well as Starman.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the good news. Any Carpenter SE is a must-own in my book, and Christine is a movie I've always really liked.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm in too, I love Christine! In fact, i'd still love to see a good sequel, it seems to me that the story had other avenues that could be explored.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Ok, a new DVD is *definitely* happening! I just got an e-mail from Carpenter's assistant and she told me that Carpenter and Keith Gordon have recorded an audio commentary! I hope they remix the audio for 5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks