What's new

Jim Brickman at the Magic Kingdom - Disney Songbook (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This title was released today. I'm a Disney music freak and picked up the CD of the same title when it was released a few months ago.

I'm a little disappointed to be spinning this DVD now and finding out there is no 5.1 mix of the audio. There is just Dolby 2.0. No specs appear on the back cover of the DVD except that the disc clocks in at 86 minutes.

Otherwise, the video is adequate (not great). And the performances are fine. Brickman is not an artist about to take too many risks...but he's got several different "guest stars" to join him on different tracks.

The best part of the event is that the tunes are great and are performed by Brickman just alongside the hub of Main Street USA with a backdrop of the Emporium and other Main Street establishments and Cinderella's Castle looming large over the stage.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Is the CD copy protected? I'm a fan of Brickman's works and have seen him live several times, but I refused to pick up his last album because of the copy protection, and if the new one is protected as well I'll sadly have to pass.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chris: I can tell you definitively the Brickman/Disney CD is NOT copy protected. ;)

I'm sure the DVD is...although I haven't seen a DVD with fewer specs listed on its cover and insert than this one. It doesn't tell you ANYTHING about the presentation: video, aspect ratio, audio options, subtitles.

Since you're such a Brickman fan, will you be picking up this DVD? It's a "live" performance...with a ton of obvious editing...especially between musical numbers. It doesn't have much flow...its kinda awkward at times. But...the music's great!

The DVD also contains the music video of Brickman and Wayne Brady singing "Beautiful"...a pretty song. The video is also on the CD (enhanced). Be forewarned the CD is available at Borders with a couple of bonus tracks. (I HATE the practice of EXCLUSIVE tracks at certain stores. It seems I almost always find out about them AFTER I've already purchased the CD.)

AND, on the DVD there's a short feature on the "making of..." the CD. It's rather illogical, because some of the guest performers on the CD are not included on the DVD. Its basically just a fewminutes of Brickman and some of the other artists talking about how much they love each other and love Disney music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks