Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Jezebel Blu-ray Review
jezebeltop-1024x780.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. I had a long discussion with my best friend recently about this film as he was kind of disappointed in the film after just watching it for the first time even though he's in his 60's. He tried to compare it to "Gone With the Wind" which he loves and its spectacular scenes. After our discussion, he conceded that such a comparison was unfair to "Jezebel" because its scope was more limited to the growth of one spirited, but selfish young woman while "Gone With the Wind" had more characters with significant roles in its storyline.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Thank you for your fine review. I had a long discussion with my best friend recently about this film as he was kind of disappointed in the film after just watching it for the first time even though he's in his 60's. He tried to compare it to "Gone With the Wind" which he loves and its spectacular scenes. After our discussion, he conceded that such a comparison was unfair to "Jezebel" because its scope was more limited to the growth of one spirited, but selfish young woman while "Gone With the Wind" had more characters with significant roles in its storyline.
Be it "Jezebel" being compared to "Gone with the Wind";
or be it "Gigi" being compared to "My Fair Lady";
each and all work magnificently and within their own right.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt, thank you for your great review that I concur with it in totality. Just a beautiful looking disc. A great movie, but I have to say that there are a couple of scenes that still makes me cringe a bit despite seeing this movie many times in my lifetime. Of course, I'm talking about the slave scenes. I didn't like them when I was kid and I really hate them now as a black man in his 60's, particularly, one film sequence. Anyhow, I'm going through the bonus material as I type this post.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Two of the special features, Jezebel: Legend of the South and Melody Masters, are upconverted from SD. The other three are HD.

Conrad_SSS

Second Unit
This is a magnificent film, and an equally magnificent presentation. I have watched the disc twice in the two weeks since it arrived, and each time it was a revelation, both in terms of what was made by Mr. Wyler and co. back in 1938, and what a startling achievement this Blu-ray is, especially compared to what has come before it. It makes me all the more excited to receive the upcoming release of “The Letter”.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks