What's new

Jet Grind Radio on GBA, anyone play it? (1 Viewer)

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious as to folks impressions. JSRF is in my top 3 on Xbox and I've been debating picking this up. How's the music? Thx.

T

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I think it came out last week. I thought the reviews were pretty positive. It's out at the $19.99 price point as well.

Glen

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I got to play it for a few minutes...I'm definitely going to get it.

The control is odd, but actually pretty good. You rotate your skater with left/right, up is to accellerate, down is to brake.

The cutscenes are basically eliminated, replaced with static images and text. Voice is greatly reduced. But the first song (training levels) was pretty good...not sure how many songs there are.

Even though this isn't true 3D like Super Monkey Ball Jr., what the devs have pulled off here is impressive.

Buy yourself a gaming gift card at Best Buy if you want a $5 off $19.99 game coupon.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I did a bit of research and it looks like they used the tony hawk engine for this. I think I'll get it since they kept the original music in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks