What's new

Jedi Outcast for Xbox-controls? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I saw that Jedi Academy has a release date coming up, and realized that I never actually got around to finishing Jedi Outcast. Since it seems to be a lost cause on the PC-how is the Xbox version? Most importantly-how are the controls? Can you set it up like Halo (strafe on one stick, look on the other), or are you forced to play with the Goldeneye style controls (move & turn). Might be better to play on couch and with surround and everything.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Chris;

You can set up the controls to work exactly like Halo. In fact, I do believe that they default to that control style.

The only disadvantage I can foresee between controlling the game with an Xbox controller versus using a mouse and keyboard is that on the Xbox controller, you have to use the digital crosspad to cycle through Force powers and items. With a keyboard, you can just assign specific keys to specific powers. Otherwise, the game works quite well on an regular console gamepad.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone found this for a low price lately? I'm in the same situtation as Chris, and since I already have the PC game, I'm not too motivated if it's going to cost $39 +.

-Dave

James T

Screenwriter
I didn't have a problem with the shooter part of Outcast on the Xbox, it was the saber, that bugged me. The basic moves that I could do so easily on the PC, I was barely able to pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks