What's new

JBL Speker Set (1 Viewer)

Jefferson^D

Auditioning
I was looking to get some surround speakers (new to ht) and was looking at getting the package from JBl which includes 4 JBl N24, 1 JBL N-center, and the PB-10. I was wondering how this package is (i will be getting it from etronics for $430 american dollars is this a good deal????). Keep in mind i have a medium room and want to get the denon 1803 to power them. I will be watching about 60% movies (mostly divx with the TV-out on my computer) and 40% music. Also how is the pb-10 when compared to the sony saw-m40?? I can get the sony for about 25 bucks cheaper (don't want to mod it at all). Will this be a good set-up????

Thanks

p.s how is etonics as a online retailer????

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search with NSP1 and WM40, lots of info.

I think the general concensus is the WM40 outguns the PB10 for movies. I have not modified mine yet and it is a bit boomy for music.

The NSP1 is a very nice starter package. When shopping for my set, etronics was not listed on the JBL website as an authorized dealer. Double check this is you're interested in warranty support from JBL.

The price sounds about right. ~$250 for the NSP1, not NSP1 Mark II set, right?

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
That price is way too high, even for the NSP1 II set. I bought mine (NSP1 II) from simplycheap.com for $200.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The $430 price was an NSP1 AND a PB-10 sub. Either way i think you can do better than the PB-10 for similar money. I would have suggested the DLS 10" but it's no longer being sold. You might want to take a look around ebay and ubid for the Audiosource 15 and the Audiosource 12.

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
Joe Ferreira I bought mine (NSP1 II) from simplycheap.com for $200.
That is brand new, not refurb? Are they an authorized JBL dealer so you have warranty support? If so, you got a smoking deal.

I paid $320 shipped last Nov and was the cheapest I could find for the NSP1 II package. When I was looking, most places closing out the NSP1 package were not authorized or shipping brought the price up to the NSP1 II price.

Joe Burch

Grip
I got my NSP package from Harmon-Kardon's Ebay store. Right from the manufacturer, new in sealed box, for 202.50 before shipping.

:)

Check around you can get great deals out there.

Joe

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
It was brand new, but I am not sure about being an authorized reseller. I am actually looking to sell it (only had it for 6 weeks) because the upgrade bug is telling me to get Paradigms...

Kevin Jr

Grip
I just purchased the NSP1 package on E-bay from Sell2All for $205 plus $20 shipping. The package is brand new but I'm not sure if they are an authorized retailer. Nevertheless, I haven't heard many, if any, stories of people needing to return their JBL's and at this price it is hard to go wrong. I know they have many more sets. Good luck.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks