What's new

JBL SCS150SI wall mount brackets (1 Viewer)

I have decided that I am going to get the JBL SCS150SI speaker package. Seems to be the best bang for the buck.

I was wondering if anyone knew if you can position the speakers on the mounts. What I want to do is mount the front speakers on the side of my entertainment unit and face them forward. Will this be possible?

Also.. It appears that the center channel speaker is the same as the rest. It is just turned on its side with a different grille. Is this correct?

Thanks,

--Nick

mark alan

Supporting Actor
You cannot turn the speaker at a complete 90 degree angle to the direction of the mount. I would say that it swivels about 70-75 degrees at most. You might want to consider a support block on the side of the entertainment unit so that you can face the mounts forward.

The center speaker is exactly the same except on it's side.

By the way, I think you will be quite happy with the speakers. I would recommend stuffing the sub with polyfill. It really boosts the low frequency (20-30 hz) decibels on the 150 sub. I got a 5-10 db boost.

Thanks, thats a good idea about the blocks. I am thinking maybe two 4"x 3" x 1" pieces of wood attached with wood corner braces. All stained to match my entertainment unit.

I can't wait to get the speakers. As soon as I sell my old Cerwin Vega DX-9's and Pioneer VSX-D557 receiver I should have enough to get them.

Thanks again for your reply.

--Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks