What's new

JBL E250 vs. Klipsch KSW-12 subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
First: I get a good deal on either, so do NOT recommend other subs. I want something to hold me over for a few months until I can get something REALLY nice.

Between these two subwoofers, which one would you want to own? This will be mostly for music. Both subs have acceptable output, but which one do you think is cleaner (for music)?

Just need help deciding.

Thanks!!!

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth:

I have never heard the Klipsch KSW-12, however I do own the JBL E250P.

For the most part when I listen to music I use the stereo option on my receiver to get two channel sound. I have my front towers set to large (JBL E100s) and the subwoofer set on plus.

I get tons of good bass from the sub in this configuration. The E250P sounds clean, never any distortion no matter what the volume level. I'm happy with it!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Just comparing specs, the E250 looks like it is more powerful.

My speakers are JBL SVA1500's with 2, 5.25" woofers each, and you have 2, 10" woofers each, and if you are happy with that sub on those speakers, I bet I will be too! My speakers sound great and the bass they do make is lightning fast, so I really need a 'fast' subwoofer.

My room is 13' X 13'6 X 9', so tiny by comparison to most rooms.

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
With that size room you could get away with the E150P, but heck you may move someday and need the extra power. You can always turn the sub down a bit

I love the stereo mode versus the 7 channel or Dolby PLII modes. Listening to stuff that has a lot of bass, examples:

Soundtrack from the movie Cat People, the main theme and "the myth" are mesmerizing.

Chris Issak's "Wicked Game" CD, soft with deep pulsating bass.

King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King", the CD put me in a trace without the use of drugs. ;)

For Movies, I've never seen anything that can match the raw bass power of "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie". The E250P becomes a scary beast in that one! :D

Sam Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
i dont know why more poeple dont recommend the velodyne cht-10, i got mine for $200 shiped. It is amazing...

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
OK, the JBL E250P in black ash (from the finest old growth forests :D ) is on its way.

I hope it will do well in my room!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks