JBL E Series Pre-order

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jon-C, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Jon-C

Jon-C Stunt Coordinator

I was browsing the JandR website and noticed they are taking pre-orders for the new JBL E series. Anyone wondering how these will stack up against the S series?

BTW, I noticed the absence of an E center speaker. HMMM??

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I believe the E Series is the next iteration of the Northridge Series. I'm very interested in hearing the E80 and E90 floorstanders. They look sweet, if nothing else!

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

if this means i can get a sweet deal on n38s or nd310s i am going to be ecstatic.

4. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

David: I imagine the N Series is going to be phased out soon, with good deals in many places. The N38s are very nice.

5. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

i think right now i can get a pair for about 300 shipped, if they get down to 250 a pair or so i dont think i can pass it up.

6. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

They are a steal at $250 or $300. Very underrated speakers.

7. Edwin_C

Edwin_C Stunt Coordinator

Good question.. the main thing that'll differentiate between the 2 will now be the tweeter. The Studio series uses titanium, while the E series sticks with the 3/4 titanium-laminate. The studio series will have a copycat in this new line though. The E50 will be pretty much exactly the same as the S38.

8. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Upgrading the JBL N-Series with the E-Series makes sense when you consider despite the JBL N24's Objectively Tested Frequency Response, ... which was superior in low frequency extension, flat SPL character up to 18.9 kHz vs. All small 2-way bookshelf speakers w/3-1/2" woofer or smaller and even some 4" to 5" woofers, the only consumer knock on the N24's was it's cabinet!!!

The E-Series will hopefully retain the N-Series sonic performance but now with stylish speaker cabinets! The new E-Series upgrade really means ... equivalent E-Serie models will cost more than the present equivalent N-Serie models.

9. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

Currently J&R's pricing is higher for the E series than for the S series. Maybe they are showing list prices on the E series, whereas the S series is heavily discounted.