What's new

JBL E Series Pre-order (1 Viewer)

Jon-C

Stunt Coordinator
I was browsing the JandR website and noticed they are taking pre-orders for the new JBL E series. Anyone wondering how these will stack up against the S series?

BTW, I noticed the absence of an E center speaker. HMMM??

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I believe the E Series is the next iteration of the Northridge Series. I'm very interested in hearing the E80 and E90 floorstanders. They look sweet, if nothing else!

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
if this means i can get a sweet deal on n38s or nd310s i am going to be ecstatic.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
David: I imagine the N Series is going to be phased out soon, with good deals in many places. The N38s are very nice.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i think right now i can get a pair for about 300 shipped, if they get down to 250 a pair or so i dont think i can pass it up.

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Good question.. the main thing that'll differentiate between the 2 will now be the tweeter. The Studio series uses titanium, while the E series sticks with the 3/4 titanium-laminate. The studio series will have a copycat in this new line though. The E50 will be pretty much exactly the same as the S38.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Upgrading the JBL N-Series with the E-Series makes sense when you consider despite the JBL N24's Objectively Tested Frequency Response, ... which was superior in low frequency extension, flat SPL character up to 18.9 kHz vs. All small 2-way bookshelf speakers w/3-1/2" woofer or smaller and even some 4" to 5" woofers, the only consumer knock on the N24's was it's cabinet!!!

The E-Series will hopefully retain the N-Series sonic performance but now with stylish speaker cabinets! The new E-Series upgrade really means ... equivalent E-Serie models will cost more than the present equivalent N-Serie models.

"Voice-wise, the two series are similar," Bente said, "but the Studio series offers more detail and guts. It's a sharper lens on a very good camera."

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Currently J&R's pricing is higher for the E series than for the S series. Maybe they are showing list prices on the E series, whereas the S series is heavily discounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks