What's new

Jay &Silent Bob - specs + CLERKS: SE (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back will be a 2-disc set, to be released under the Dimension Collector's Series banner, and will include: a commentary track with Smith, producer Scott Mosier and actor Jason Mewes; over an hour of deleted scenes, extended footage and gag reels; 2 behind-the-scenes featurettes; Comedy Central's "Reel Comedy with Jay and Silent Bob" special; music videos; and trailers (including the internet ones) and TV spots.
Smith is also working on a "Clerks: Super, Duper Special 10th Anniversary Edition" DVD. It's going to include a new, digitally remastered, longer cut of the film, a new commentary track with ALL the film's lead actors, a 3-4 hour View Askew documentary, the Jay and Silent Bob MTV shorts and more. The disc will be released in 2004 to celebrate the film's 10th anniversary.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
They both look great, but no Ben Affleck or Jason Lee on the commentary track? Or Vincent P. for that matter?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, Smith has said long ago that the commentary for J&SBSB would most likely just be with him and the boy (for you non-View Askew fans, Jason Mewes). It's nice that Scott Moiser is on the track, but since he's only muttered six lines total during the Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Dogma tracks combined, he really wouldn't be missed.
I'm just thanking god that Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is an SE from the get-go (not like Dogma which we had to wait over a year for). The disc sounds great, and I can't wait for the DVD.
Now the Clerks: Super, Duper Special 10th Anniversary Edition... just by the specs Patrick listed alone is gonna make a fanboy go crazy. I can't wait for 2004 to come just for the DVD to come out, and it should come out in 2003 (IIRC, as that's when the film started hitting the film festival circuit) just to please us fans.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
3-4 hour documentary?!?!
As a docu-lover I can only say:
WOW!!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Let´s hope the Docu deleted from the Dogma Sp Ed surfaces soon.. I Do wanna see it!!
:)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Clerks: 10th Aniversary Edition
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
(I don't know if an anamorphic transfer will really help much given the source material :D , anybody who has seen 'Clerks' will know what I am talking about) but a 3-4 hour doc and new commentary track!... I am there! What I really want is a Dante and Randal in character track (like on MGM's 'This is Spinal Tap'... now that would be awesome.
I must say that I am glad that they are going straight to an SE with J&SBSB... not playing the game of releasing a standard edition first (which was a bitch to get rid of ;) ). Aww... really going to miss the 'Affleck factor' on the J&SBSB commentary though :frowning: Damn Affleck ;)

Travis D

Second Unit
2004!?!?!?! GAH!!!!!!
Oh man, I can't hold out that long. I can settle for an 8th Anniversary edition. Man oh man when I thought that I was about to not have anything to wait for besides Star Wars on DVD in 2006, this pops up and makes me play the waiting game some more.
:)
Oh well, can't wait for it anyway. Also, can he have it include the documentary for Dogma? Or is that still slated to be on the Vulgar dvd? Will the longer cut of Clerks just include the cut footage that is available on the current dvd? Will it incorporate the alternate ending? (Just kidding. That would create a BIG hole in the View Askewniverse.) So many questions and KS with so little time (with Jersey Girl and everything) on his hands.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I notice this in the article about Ben Affleck that was linked to:

Scheduled to last 30 days, it is unknown if Affleck will complete the entire program or leave in time for his 29th birthday on August 15th.
So, this article - which doesn't seem to be dated - must be from around mid-to-late July?...

I would hope that by now - 4 months later - he's out of this 30-day program, and the situation's resolved enough to let him record a commentary track...IF he was wanted to be on it. Sounds like they didn't want him, but the decision probably had little or nothing to do with any months-old rehab situation (assuming Ben's stayed on the wagon, unlike Downey Jr.).

As far as it goes, I ain't waiting until 2004 to pick up Clerks. I had decided that my new goal after Christmas was to collect all the Kevin Smith DVD's in time for the J&SB release. I picked up Chasing Amy already at a pretty good price, but I was gonna get 'em all and watch them in order.

Waiting until 2½ years have gone by for the 1st one to come out in the better edition will sorta ruin those plans. So I'll get the one that's out. If it's cool enough, maybe I'll get the S-D SE later on.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
Could definately say that I would pick both up straight away. I love Clerks and have yet to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back but I am sure to love that one too. But 2004 seems soo far away. But for a 3 to 4 hour documentary I am sure the wait may be worth it.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Both sound good to me. I'm still waiting for an anamorphic copy of Clerks so maybe this will happen. JSBSB sounds nice. Can't wait.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
These 2 titles are going to rule. I'll definitely be picking them up right away. About Affleck if he is still drinking him and Mewes could record a track drunk off there ass just like Jay in the Clerks commentary. That would rule.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for saving me $32.99 Patrick. I was at BB and just about to break down and finally buy Clerks (convinced that it would never drop below $32.99) and now I read the great news above!

Joel C

Screenwriter
Is it really worth waiting more than 2 years for a disc? Think of all that could happen in that time to delay this release or keep it from coming out at all. Many people said, oh, I'm not buying X-Men when it comes out, there will be an S.E. soon. That "soon" stretched into several years, until after the next X-Men film comes out, if at all.

How long is it really worth waiting? Do you want the movie or the special features?

Of course, I've had Clerks for nearly 2 years, and I've only watched it twice, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Of course, I've had Clerks for nearly 2 years, and I've only watched it twice
Yeah, that's the exact reason why I am not buying it. At $33, it's also against my better judgment to support over-priced (IMO) DVDs from a major studio (I'll support Criterion at this price).

And, I have probably a half dozen friends who own this, so I can get my fix by borrowing their disc if I really want to (they so often borrow mine).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks