What's new

Pre-Order Jaws 2 (1978) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I'll never understand the negativity that accompanies DVDs/BDs/4Ks that come with their original audio.

Why is there such a compulsion for remixes? What's wrong with the theatrical audio???

Robert Saccone

Premium
BTW, I'll never understand the negativity that accompanies DVDs/BDs/4Ks that come with their original audio.

Why is there such a compulsion for remixes? What's wrong with the theatrical audio???
I can't speak for everyone else but I love the remix of the original Jaws soundtrack. It takes advantage of modern sound codec technology that makes the film more immerse than it ever was in mono. And I love that the original mix is also available as well for revisiting and comparison purposes. I think Jaws 2 would have benefited from the same treatment.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I think every release should include the original audio.

But for a film like this I wouldn’t have minded a remixed surround stereo option. As it stands the original audio on this release I feel is flat and lifeless.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I can't speak for everyone else but I love the remix of the original Jaws soundtrack. It takes advantage of modern sound codec technology that makes the film more immerse than it ever was in mono.
Maybe, but it changes some sound effects from what I know..

Robert Saccone

Premium
Maybe, but it changes some sound effects from what I know..
Yes that’s sometimes happens if the original sound effects aren’t in a state that can be used for a remix but in the case of Jaws Spielberg approved and in the end that trade off was worth it to get that more immersive soundtrack. And still the original mono was included if you wanted to experience it as it was when it was released.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I think every release should include the original audio.

But for a film like this I wouldn’t have minded a remixed surround stereo option. As it stands the original audio on this release I feel is flat and lifeless.

I just feel befuddled when people act like studios drop the ball anytime a movie lacks remixed audio.

I mean, people complain when there's "only" 5.1 and not Atmos!

Just makes no sense to me that we strive for visuals to look as close to the original as possible... but then clamor for "new" audio.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I actually like Jaws 2 soundtrack more than Jaws 1. That's why I've been hoping for at least a stereo remix. Oh well, at least I have the soundtrack CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks