What's new

Pre-Order Jaws 2 (1978) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
16075_tn.jpg

• PREVIOUSLY RESTORED IN 4K
  • HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Deleted Scenes
  • The Making of Jaws 2
  • Jaws 2: A Portrait by Actor Keith Gordon
  • John Williams: The Music of Jaws 2
  • The "French" Joke
  • Storyboards
  • Theatrical Trailers

July 4, 2023

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

915hxO19P9L-1._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4k Steelbook (Region Free) Available for Preorder as a U.S. Import

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
When it was first released, who would have thought any anniversary of Jaws 2, let alone the 45th anniversary, would be something we'd celebrate?

My memory of Jaws 2: The summer it came out, I was 4 years old and my family liked to torment me (they still do). We were going to a movie and I was presented with the choice of seeing Grease or Jaws 2. Being terrified of sharks, I was adamant that I did not want to see Jaws (or Jaws 2, for that matter). Naturally, my family told me we would be seeing Jaws. I pitched a fit, and to quiet me down, they assured me we would actually be seeing Grease. So, we get in the theater, the lights go down, and a giant shark appears on the screen. I resumed my pitching-a-fit state until the monster went away and Grease finally began. That's when I learned that they show previews of other movies before the main feature begins.

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Fortunately the regular release features the original poster (while the steelbook is hideous), but in reverse?

41Gn5okaLeL._AC_.jpg

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I once was at Target and this lady in the DVD section saw the 25th anniversary release of Grease on DVD and couldn't believe Grease was that old. She came up to me and said, "Can you believe Grease is 25 years old? " and I replied, "Yes it, opened the same day as Jaws 2, June 16, 1978."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I went for the UK edition. I like Jaws 2 enough to import an expensive edition to closely match my fancy edition of the original. A puny little generic retail version would've looked bad on my shelf :)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Once they got past all the love among the teenagers filler and it became man vs. shark, Jaws 2 was pretty good. But the young love scenes, oy! B-o-r-i-n-g when not e-m-b-a-r-r-a-s-s-i-n-g!

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Always thought Jaws 2 was a fun one. Unlike Saccone ↑, I liked some of young folks. Also thought the sail racing cinematography looked terrific and fresh throughout the film - would have loved to see it on the big screen. John Williams' score, with updates here, is terrific, and grandly fits each situation. I certainly respect keeping the original mono audio.... but being a surround sound freak, and wanting Williams' score to breathe more, I wish there was at least another, additional 5.1 or more remix option - twas very nice for 1975's Jaws. Ah well.

A shame the film had miserable, gut-wrenching production problems again, including a director change via terrific making-of featurette, which is on yt, follow this link:
The Making of Jaws 2 (1 of 2). Saving Mike is arguably the best, white knuckle sequence - but that critical moment's footage is stunningly beat up with artifacts (excessive grain, scratches, fading....not to mention a few goofs for this difficult, one-take shot), so I hope it got restored. Always hated seeing character Marge (lovely Martha Swatek) get it, despite the making-of saying there was a point they needed another tragedy to spike the horror.

1685291562026.png

shark attack lol GIF

Last edited:

Robert Saccone

Premium
Always thought Jaws 2 was a fun one. Unlike Saccone ↑, I liked some of young folks. Also thought the sail racing cinematography looked terrific and fresh throughout the film - would have loved to see it on the big screen. John Williams' score, with updates here, is terrific, and grandly fits each situation. I certainly respect keeping the original mono audio.... but being a surround sound freak, and wanting Williams' score to breathe more, I wish there was at least another, additional 5.1 or more remix option - twas very nice for 1975's Jaws. Ah well.

A shame the film had miserable, gut-wrenching production problems again, including a director change via terrific making-of featurette, which is on yt, follow this link:
The Making of Jaws 2 (1 of 2). Saving Mike is arguably the best, white knuckle sequence - but that critical moment's footage is stunningly beat up with artifacts (excessive grain, scratches, fading....not to mention a few goofs for this difficult, one-take shot), so I hope it got restored. Always hated seeing character Marge (lovely Martha Swatek) get it, despite the making-of saying there was a point they needed another tragedy to spike the horror.

View attachment 185306
shark attack lol GIF
I didn’t say I didn’t like the teenagers. That was someone else. I was lamenting not being able to preorder the collectors edition. 😞

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Always hated seeing character Marge (lovely Martha Swatek) get it, despite the making-of saying there was a point they needed another tragedy to spike the horror.

yeah the more logical choice would have been the panicky girl (Jackie?). Of course that wouldn’t have carried much weight as most people would have been cheering for the shark in that case. So yeah more effective to kill of the nice girl

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve seen much whinging on “the other forum” about the lack of an Atmos track. I’m just glad they’re including the original mono.
Where have the audio specs been released?

Edit. Nevermind. Found it.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I’ve seen much whinging on “the other forum” about the lack of an Atmos track. I’m just glad they’re including the original mono.
I had a problem with the original mono on the blu-ray. I heard constantly little pops/clicks here and there (I have a sensitive ear due to being a musician).
The dubs on the blu-ray, and/or the original audio on the DVD didn't have those audio distortions.
I hope that's not the case here and it's "fixed".

Here they are if anyone can hear:
(the pops are not so pronounced here due to youtube's compression)
at 0.11'', 0.15'', 0.18'', 0.28'', 0.31'', 0.36'' etc.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It is a bit odd that Jaws 2 has never received a stereo remix of any sort. Especially since the music masters are in much better shape than the original's.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It is a bit odd that Jaws 2 has never received a stereo remix of any sort. Especially since the music masters are in much better shape than the original's.

Doesn't bother me.

I honestly find the obsession with remixes perplexing.

We want movies' visuals presented exactly as they were in cinemas... but we get mad when audio is true to the source too? 🤨

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks