What's new

Jasper Jig and Makita router.... how's it supposed to fit? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Kloet

Agent
Can anyone help me out with this... apparently they're compatable but I don't see how..
Anyone with a makita got some tips for me?

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Some routers require you remove the subbase to attach it. I don't have a Makita but there should be some holes that line up. Got any pictures or links to a picture of your router?

Robert A

Stunt Coordinator
I have a makita router and the jasper circle jig. On mine you have to remove the base and then attatch the jig to the router using the two screw holes right on the edge of the opening in the middle. There are screws in the holes wich you remove and you use the screws that came with the jig to mount it. You can see the screw holes with the base still on but for the jig to fit you need to take the base off.

Kevin Kloet

Agent
Thx, guys.
I thought that might be what I had to do... took 3 of the four base screws off... the last one was stripped (my dad's construction router)...
His workshop is 3 hours from me (...) so I can't go back and try it immediately... but at least I know what to do for next time and I can get to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks