HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

James Bond Golden Gun prop from Factory Entertainment
GG_122-1024x1024.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
One of my favorite Bond films. In fact, if I had two separate lists of “Best” and “Favorite” Bond films, it would definitely be at the top of my “Favorite” list. Every single step of this movie is fun to watch. I wish I had loads of cash to throw down on a replica golden gun, but that’s a bit too steep, even around tax refund time, to justify spending that kind of dough. But it looks pretty cool!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
One of my favorite Bond films. In fact, if I had two separate lists of “Best” and “Favorite” Bond films, it would definitely be at the top of my “Favorite” list. Every single step of this movie is fun to watch. I wish I had loads of cash to throw down on a replica golden gun, but that’s a bit too steep, even around tax refund time, to justify spending that kind of dough. But it looks pretty cool!

The man with the golden gun on UHd Blu Ray!
Clap clap
The man with the golden gun on UHd Blu Ray !
Clap clap

(Repeat until the film is released)

I love the score and locations. And Britt Ekland.
How about an expanded soundtrack? The tapes are not missing. Lukas Kendall stated he wished he would’ve done this one instead of live and let die in 2003. I wish there had been more project funds.

Love the score.

It’s funny but this bond is the closest to my birth year.
My first bond was octopussy though.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
“I approve.”
“You do?”
“Not the wine. Your frock.”

“Perfectly feasible sir, in fact we’re working on one now.”
“Oh, shut up, Q!”

“I’ve never killed a midget before, but there’s always a first time.”
“Oh, monsieur!”

“Fascinating anatomical tip, but probably the most useless piece of information I’ve ever heard, unless of course, if the Bottoms Up is a strip club and Scaramanga is performing there.”

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
"He always did like that mausoleum, put him in it" - Scaramanga

View attachment 62776

Yes!

So I did a phone interview with Tom meinkewitz in 2007. He was the nicest ever. He had limited recollection of golden gun though. I really wanted to know what his script was like. As I recall there was a constant back and forth with maibaum over the project. Also John Barry’s score as it was light at times and dark at times.

At any rate I wanted to know more about the film...

The recording survives but I used a cheap phone recording device for phones and it kept going in and out on the recording.
I thought about putting it into text but luge got in the way.
I always wanted to do a project with cut scenes and also the marketing of the films. Or even just a book focusing on the 70s Bond films.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s so cool, Osato! I would have loved to have spoken to Tom - his audio commentaries are among my very favorite.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That’s so cool, Osato! I would have loved to have spoken to Tom - his audio commentaries are among my very favorite.

Agreed. He was a really kind man to take time to speak to me. I loved his script writing on the films he did. He polished spy a bit. He started the idea of Moonraker but wood had the final script.

Agreed I love his audio commentaries too.

If memory serves he is not on the golden gun commentary.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think Golden Gun had a commentary stitched together with multiple participants recorded individually and I think he’s briefly on there - but not as much as Diamonds. I’m glad he had his own track on Live and Let Die. Even though it’s not my favorite Bond movie, I’ve heard the commentary track more than a lot of the others because I just like listening to him tell stories.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I think Golden Gun had a commentary stitched together with multiple participants recorded individually and I think he’s briefly on there - but not as much as Diamonds. I’m glad he had his own track on Live and Let Die. Even though it’s not my favorite Bond movie, I’ve heard the commentary track more than a lot of the others because I just like listening to him tell stories.

He has a lot to share and he has a great voice too. I should give that one a listen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks