Jackie Brown questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Randolph, Aug 10, 2002.

1. John Randolph

John Randolph Stunt Coordinator

I posted this in the middle of a half-dead thread, but it's not getting any responses, so I'll post it here:

I'm really confused now. I'm watching Jackie Brown, and they're doing the thing where they switch bags to fool the cops. One of the things I don't understand is, why are they giving the bag to Simone, then to Jackie, then to Shoronda, and then to the cops? I was confused at that point, but now they are saying that Jackie will take $50,000 in one bag, but put the other $450,000 in a bag underneath? Why are they doing this??

Thanks,
    John.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I have the DTS LD....but I was not aware that the movie had a plot.
    I was just waiting for Bridget to get out of her cutoffs.
    She never does, so, next time I'll try to follow that whole "bag" thingy. [​IMG]
    Jim

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

(digging deep for this)....remember when Batman marked $50k worth of bills so that the money could be traced back to O. Robbie? Well the fact is Jackie works ALONE, but Ordell thinks she's on HIS side. The cops also think that Jackie is on THEIR side. During the exchange between Simone and Jackie under the dressing room door, Jackie gives her the bag that LOOKS like it's filled with half a million while she (Jackie) leaves the rest for Max Cherry to pick up....Max being the only person she trusts.

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

5. John Randolph

John Randolph Stunt Coordinator

Thanks to both of you, especially Seth. I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my movie now [​IMG]

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Jesus, John, I was just speculatin' about a
    hypothesis. I know I don't know nothin'. It's
    just a damn mess is all--

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Well, its even tricky in the book, which is probably why my post was so freaking repetitive and wordy.
    The key to the trouble is that she is playing two different scams at the same time, and the scams are totally interrelated.
    Plus, there are times (especially in the book) when you wonder if she is also playing Max Cherry for a fool...but she doesn't of course.
    But it's written so that at some points you really think she is going to help the cops, or really help Ordell, or you just don't know what the hell she is up to. [​IMG]

8. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

and that's why JB is sweet [​IMG]