What's new

Jack & Bobby ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Pilot - Clearly around the beginning of the school year (likely approximately August 14, 2004 through August 18, 2004).

Election Night - November 2, 2004 through approximately November 5, 2004.

Lost Boys - November 25, 2004.

Legacy - May 11, 2005 (said outright) leading to the beginning of summer vacation (approximately May 21, 2005).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think the War of the Americas was around 2015 (but it's been a long time since I saw that episode talking about that bit of future history).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I just watched this (I know, nearly two years late, but hey, whaddya gonna do if you're not in the US?)

A few thoughts: was it ever made clear if Courtney ultimately left Bobby? We know she nearly did walk out, until Grace talked her out of it in their last conversation, when they were stuck overnight in her old home (PSU President's residence), but the way it was said suggested that Grace talked Courtney into "doing her duty", which only suggested to me that she should stand by Bobby at least until his presidency ended.

How weird is it that a president has an affair with his vice-president? I can just imagine the "president of vice" headlines...

Ironic, yet appropriate, I thought, that Bobby's surrogate father and godfather, Peter Benedict, became his actual father-in-law.

In the finale wrap-up, it seemed clear also that Jack and Courtney never lasted, and that Jack married someone else and had two kids with her. Odd, though, that Jack's best friend (Marcus) becomes one of Bobby's best friends as well, given there's no indication of it at all in the show, whereas we do see Courtney and Bobby being reasonably friendly, and of course there's his relationship with her father; unless, say, Bobby made the track team the following year? Which sadly we'll never see or know.

I am surprised that the issue of Bobby's parentage didn't crop up earlier -- Jack successfully ran for Congress, Bobby successfully ran for re-election to that same seat at least once, and later successfully ran for Governor as well. Even if Bobby had been given a "free ride" in his Congressional run(s), surely when running for Governor the microscope would have been turned on? Yet it only came up during his presidential campaign.

Which leads to the next interesting question: was Juan Roberto DeAlba still alive and in jail when Bobby became president? If so, would he also get a Secret Service detail? If so, it must've been the strangest protective detail assignment ever for a Secret Service agent.

One last thought: in the opening credits they used photographs of real presidents in their youth, followed by one taken from their time as president. Notice how for Bill Clinton, they used his famous shot shaking hands with Kennedy, then for his as-president shot you barely see his face, since he's kissing Hillary? Are they suggesting that Hillary won 2008? If they'd wanted to be more explicit, I suppose they could have used a photo of both of them together as college (or rather, law school) students together, then the same later shot...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
You have obviously put a lot of thought into this show, but I am afraid I can't help you. I have forgotten most of this show in the two years since it aired here in the U.S. I think you are trying to put too much into the photo of Hillary and Bill.

I enjoyed the one season of this show, and was very sad when it was not renewed for a second season.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Here's an interesting tidbit. Greg Berlanti, who was the executive producer of J&B, is also the exec producer and show runner for the hit show Brothers and Sisters. Rob Lowe's character on B&S is named Robert (Bobby) McCallister, the same name as one of the main characters on J&B. His daughter on the show is named Grace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks