What's new

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
A Washington Times review of Jack and the Beanstalk (70th Anniversary Limited Edition).

- "The nearly immaculate restoration takes full advantage of a 4K scan of the 35mm SuperCinecolor original source elements."

- Regarding the loads of bonus features, the reviewer sums them up with "Dang, that’s a ton of extras, folks, and a great collection of background for film history connoisseurs."

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Thanks David, great work!!! Am I not seeing the full article? the link only shows that this is available and the extensive storyline...am I missing somthing? Please help me see the rest of the review...what I see ends with -
"Throughout, poor Costello takes a beating during the adventure that includes a dance with the housekeeper that the Three Stooges would appreciate; a battle with a stove; a roasting on a rotisserie; and even an attack by a pack of dogs."
I truly would love to see the full review in this wonderful release...

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
The full review is on my desktop and should be no matter how you're reading it, however, you do have to click a "Click to read more" link to read the full article.

- David

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The full review is on my desktop and should be no matter how you're reading it, however, you do have to click a "Click to read more" link to read the full article.

- David
Yeah, I tried that a few times and it took me somewhere else?? It wasn't to the rest of the artichle, sorry...I'd love to have read it...anyway, love the release!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I tried that a few times and it took me somewhere else?? It wasn't to the rest of the artichle, sorry...I'd love to have read it...anyway, love the release!!!
Seems to work for me. I click the link below and the rest of the article comes up on the same page.

1659553891683.png

Though seven decades old, the simple cinematic fable still offers a classic night of family-friendly entertainment and should amuse younger children.

4K in action: The nearly immaculate restoration takes full advantage of a 4K scan of the 35mm SuperCinecolor original source elements.

Viewers are first welcomed to the action with a sepia-toned opening that after 12 minutes transitions into an explosive color shift saturated to the point of looking like a live-action cartoon. That sepia tone also returns at the end of the movie, denoting another reality shift, just like “The Wizard of Oz.”

...and more...

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Seems to work for me. I click the link below and the rest of the article comes up on the same page.

View attachment 147205

Though seven decades old, the simple cinematic fable still offers a classic night of family-friendly entertainment and should amuse younger children.

4K in action: The nearly immaculate restoration takes full advantage of a 4K scan of the 35mm SuperCinecolor original source elements.

Viewers are first welcomed to the action with a sepia-toned opening that after 12 minutes transitions into an explosive color shift saturated to the point of looking like a live-action cartoon. That sepia tone also returns at the end of the movie, denoting another reality shift, just like “The Wizard of Oz.”

...and more...
sorry tried that 4 times and it took me to advertising, so I left.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
sorry tried that 4 times and it took me to advertising, so I left.
I just ried it now and finally got the rest of the article...wow, very nice!! And a good job!! Wierd, maybe it was because I use Safari? Anyway, great release and super nice article, Thanks David and Bob and the rest of the 3DA crew!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle
Recent bookmarks