What's new

THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW Season One Restored! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Great news on the Kickstarter for Season 2. I backed it yesterday.
I enjoy being able to support a project that I would purchase anyway...the additional funds are just my way of helping to promote the restoration and retension of classic films. Not only for myself, but for those generations after me, so they too can see and imagine the magic from the past.
I thank all these companies that take that leap of faith...Full Speed Ahead!!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I have just received this wonderful news from Kickstarter:

Congratulations! We’ve selected Pre-order THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW Season 2 Restored! as a “Project We Love,” which is our way of highlighting brilliant examples of creativity. You’ll see a badge under your main image or project video, and we’ll feature your campaign across Kickstarter.

mail.gif

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We met our goal and season two of the ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW will be restored from original 35mm negatives and available on Blu-ray and DVD from ClassicFlix. Thank you SO much to everyone who made it possible by pre-ordering via Kickstarter.

We could not have done this without you and look for our first stretch goal to be announced this afternoon!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW premiered on this date 70 years ago over KTTV in Los Angeles. The first episode broadcast on October 7, 1952 was #12, Haunted House. The syndicated show would begin its run over the next several months in major markets across the country.

The episodes were not broadcast in production order so the premiere dates that you see assigned to specific episodes online are not accurate.

KTTV-premiere-jpg-web.jpg

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW premiered on this date 70 years ago over KTTV in Los Angeles. The first episode broadcast on October 7, 1952 was #12, Haunted House. The syndicated show would begin its run over the next several months in major markets across the country.

The episodes were not broadcast in production order so the premiere dates that you see assigned to specific episodes online are not accurate.

Were the stations in each market given a broadcast order for the episodes or did they choose it themselves?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

KTTV-premiere-jpg-web.jpg
Growing up in the LA area, that stupid jingle for Sav-on Drug Stores still rings in my head when I see the name, LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks