What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mine is still HD thought it looks identical to the Paramount + app.

Do you mean the Paramount+ app on your AppleTV 4K?

Mine (a 2021 ATV4K) indicates 4K for those (on their info pages anyway), but no HDR though, so I'm not completely sure they're really streaming in 4K since I don't have X-code or whatever extra enhancements installed/enabled to be able to tell.

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just want to circle back to state some titles like Casablanca, The Lost Boys and Poltergeist in which I redeemed their digital codes would only upgrade an older HD digital to 4K and then iTunes would orphan them in which they were no longer available to purchase. However, a new and different 4K digital would be added to iTunes for purchase with the new artwork that's on the new 4K discs. Those new 4K digitals didn't appear in my iTunes library. Just the older HD digitals that upgraded to 4K.

However, I noticed a while ago that those new and different 4K digitals are now present in my iTunes library. Now, I have two different 4K digitals of Casablanca, The Lost Boys and Poltergeist with one of each unavailable to purchase.

With Warner about to release such classic movies as Cool Hand Luke, The Maltese Falcon and Rebel Without a Cause to 4K/UHD with digital codes, I suspect the same thing is going to happen with those titles in 2023. I already pre-ordered those three 4K/UHD releases. The HD digitals that I purchased on iTunes several years ago of those three movies will probably upgrade to 4K and then be unavailable for future purchase and that new 4K digitals will appear on iTunes for purchase.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
4 months late, From Here to Eternity has finally upgraded on iTunes. Way to go, Sony :rolleyes: I was hoping iTunes would be the one digital retailer to have it with Atmos sound, but alas no, Atmos is exclusive to the physical disc for this title.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
4 months late, From Here to Eternity has finally upgraded on iTunes. Way to go, Sony :rolleyes: I was hoping iTunes would be the one digital retailer to have it with Atmos sound, but alas no, Atmos is exclusive to the physical disc for this title.
Everyone, please send your complaints to [email protected]

Let's make this a grassroots movement to get Sony back on their game with regards to digital releases. The studio's 4K disc releases are spectacular, but their digitals are getting disappointing with delayed releases and not upgrading older digital releases.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Rocky II, Rocky III and Rocky IV movies in my iTunes library have upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision. The first Rocky upgraded to 4K a few years ago.
Looks like I am finally getting my copy on disc next week. Curious if the digitals have the same issues that many are reporting on the disc set.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Superman III may be in the process of upgrading. The Warner Bros. logo at the start is no longer the "As Time Goes By" shield grafted onto it and the Apple TV app on my computer and Apple TV show the Atmos logo. However it is not currently playing in Atmos.

Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 1.51.34 PM.png

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Do we have any speculation on The Nutty Professor?

I thought I saw a 4K disc announced.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Do we have any speculation on The Nutty Professor?

I thought I saw a 4K disc announced.
No worries there. The UHD disc release specifies digital copy included, so the iTunes digital should upgrade around the time of the disc release. Paramount doesn't play the game of multiple iTunes listings to try and block free upgrades like some other studios do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks