What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can confidently say that I don't have any compromising photos of Fandango executives, and the following titles have upgraded to 4K for me on Vudu in recent weeks:
  • 03/04/2024: Contagion (Upgraded from HDX to 4K UHD)
  • 02/20/2024: Starman (Upgraded from HDX to 4K UHD)
The last round of upgrades for me was back in November. Per Vudu, titles get upgraded "[o]nly if you have purchased one of the eligible ... titles [directly] on Vudu. Code redemptions and UV/MA imports are not eligible."

So digital copies that came with physical media are out, as are titles that transferred via MoviesAnywhere or (back in the day) Ultraviolet.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's not your fault nor anybody else's except Vudu/Fandango Now. Time is better spent watching some westerns than trying to make sense with these 4K upgrades involving digital platform policies.:D
Yeah. Sorry about that. Life has gotten in the way of my movie watching lately. Hope to participate soon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I can confidently say that I don't have any compromising photos of Fandango executives, and the following titles have upgraded to 4K for me on Vudu in recent weeks:
  • 03/04/2024: Contagion (Upgraded from HDX to 4K UHD)
  • 02/20/2024: Starman (Upgraded from HDX to 4K UHD)
The last round of upgrades for me was back in November. Per Vudu, titles get upgraded "[o]nly if you have purchased one of the eligible ... titles [directly] on Vudu. Code redemptions and UV/MA imports are not eligible."

So digital copies that came with physical media are out, as are titles that transferred via MoviesAnywhere or (back in the day) Ultraviolet.
I’m doing an experiment by purchasing The Crow HDX digital on Fandango at Home. Paramount is releasing the 4K/UHD in May. Lets see what happens with that digital.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Per Vudu, titles get upgraded "[o]nly if you have purchased one of the eligible ... titles [directly] on Vudu. Code redemptions and UV/MA imports are not eligible."
Except that of the four titles Vudu has "upgraded" to 4K for me, only one was actually purchased (Color Purple from FN).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Prestige has finally upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision on iTunes. It was one of those titles that's been in 4K on Vudu but remained in HD on iTunes. I wish these streaming platforms would clean up their messes.

Also, Awakenings with Robin Williams and Robert De Niro has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Has "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" been 4K for awhile? It hasn't been mentioned in this thread and it's Dolby Vision on Apple now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
CheapCharts says it was a couple weeks ago.
IMG_4277.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, the new digital from Marvel/Disney has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. The older digital from Universal that's no longer available for purchase has HDR with no Atmos. School Daze is another Sony title that added a new 4K digital while the older digital still remains in HD. Similar to Sleepless in Seattle in which the older HD digital is still available for purchase.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
FAT CITY has been upgraded to 4K Looks great! One of my favorite films. Cinematography by the great Conrad Hall.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
FAT CITY has been upgraded to 4K Looks great! One of my favorite films. Cinematography by the great Conrad Hall.
Though no HDR on this one. After having spent good money on the Twilight Time disc, I’ll only pick this up when it’s $5 or less.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Fandango at Home has updated their UHD edition of Starman to Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Apple TV is still DV and 5.1.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Fandango at Home has updated their UHD edition of Starman to Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Apple TV is still DV and 5.1.
Todd, there has definitely been some action taken by Sony on this front. All five of the Atmos titles from the Columbia Classics Vol 4 set have now had Atmos added at Fandango at Home, and so far, 3 of the 5 at Apple TV.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Todd, there has definitely been some action taken by Sony on this front. All five of the Atmos titles from the Columbia Classics Vol 4 set have now had Atmos added at Fandango at Home, and so far, 3 of the 5 at Apple TV.
Sleepless in Seattle is the only one on Apple/iTunes that hasn’t upgraded to 4K.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Now, if Sony would get all of their 4k titles on MA corrected to include Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, that would be a true miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks