What's new

It's starting! Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals Already Announced (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Radioman970 said:
foxconnect is having a massive Black Friday sale.

TV on DVD sets @ 5.99.

Simpsons
My Name is Earl
Family Guy
ETc...
Yeah, they have some *great* deals on older TVonDVD content! I've have a cart full of stuff since that sale started but can't bring myself to pull the trigger in case something better comes along! (Yeah... it's sad...)

VEI is offering Free Shipping to North America on Thanksgiving day for purchases of $50 or more. Many of their sets are less than US vendors and with Free Shipping quite a few are excellent bargains.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I recommend the ally oop method. Just hold your nose and jump! The water might be a little cold though..

The Mod Squad! Good to know there's a box set now. Wishlisted!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Has anyone seen a complete list of the Walmart or Best Buy sale BD titles? I second frustration with Amazon's process this year!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've been looking for Iron Man 3, but so far haven't seen it advertised anywhere.As for Amazon, they appear to be going a few days out. But the lack of prices is infuriating.Last year they at least revealed the prices 24 hours in advance. This year there is something I might be interested in, but it goes on sale at 2:20 am (4:20 Chicago time). Without a price, I don't know if it's worth it to try and get up for it.

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
Adam Gregorich said:
Has anyone seen a complete list of the Walmart or Best Buy sale BD titles? I second frustration with Amazon's process this year!
so far these are the 3 links I have for walmart. I assume this is what you were asking for but seems some still are missing. Taken from this thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=231094I do not have BB list and I also did not reup my Elite status so I don't know what they are getting offered right now either.

I wonder if these will go on sale like they did last year when it hits Thursday tonight for Walmart that is. Amazon is really frustrating this year..
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561yf%256fr%2575m%252d20?node=7782239011&tag=blurayforum-20$3.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/3.96/1161893$6.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/6.96/1161895$9.96 - http://www.walmart.com/cp/9.96/1161896?&

saw this flyer as well for BB which shows some titles: http://flyer.bestbuy.ca/preview/bestbuy?CMP=RZ-rz-131127-Sneak-Peak&fullsite=true&locale=en&postal_code=M9N4A1&preview_code=da94858e6c2fb875752f429b214fa2b31f2f3377&type=1#!/flyers/bestbuy-weekly?flyer_run_id=13529

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Gregorich said:
I haven't seen a complete list for BB and don't expect to until at least tomorrow night. (That's part of the fun for me: seeing what is on sale and making a quick call about a purchase...which I get to rethink while in line.) I'll be at BB because they almost always have good deals on movies I'm on the fence about. And, if not, I don't miss anything. I can say I've done Black Friday every year since 2000.

I've only seen the BB ad which has limited information in it. I do know some high profile new releases will be cheap: Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Pacific Rim.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
So far I have not found one thing at Amazon.Last year I got the complete It Takes A Thief
for $30 shipped.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
todd s said:
Amazon has the complete first season of "Arrow" on blu-ray for $16.99.
That would be a blind buy for me and considering I am already loading up on Fox Connect and other titles on Amazon I figured I needed to pass....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
todd s said:
Amazon has the complete first season of "Arrow" on blu-ray for $16.99.
Other recent releases for the same price:

Supernatural Season 8 (Blu)
Spartacus Season 3 (Blu)
White Collar Season 4 (DVD)

And a bunch of others. There's a big list somewhere on Amazon of "TV Under $20."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know when the Walmart prices take effect? Is it midnight? If so, is it Eastern Time or Central Time? I'm really tempted to jump on that Amazon deal on "Arrow", but I don't want to if it's really going to be $9.96 at Walmart.One other thing that makes Amazon less attractive this year: Super Saver Shipping has a $35 minimum instead of a $25 minimum. In past years, I'd place my orders as soon as I hit $25 to lock in the lightning deal pricing, even if I had four or five orders over the course of Black Friday. Hitting the $35 minimum is a lot trickier.

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
Just my opinion but I'd expect Amazon to price match Walmart.. your call.

I read in those bluray.com threads that it's EST and some people are going to start checking 12est.. if not I think last year it was 6 or 7est. thursday morning Good god that's early >.> Be nice with some confirmation from someone who did WM friday last year. Check that walmart thread I posted above for the bluray site. Probably says it somewhere on there.

I've appreciated the Prime membership I've had all these years on Amazon and the shipping benefits.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
lvicious said:
Just my opinion but I'd expect Amazon to price match Walmart.. your call.
For me it all depends whether I can hit that $35 threshold or not. With Walmart you always have the Site-to-Store option as a back-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks