What's new

It's Christmas Shopping Time! (1 Viewer)

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
It's that time of the year again. :) I was asked what I want, so I'm asking for the JBL NSP-1 theater speaker set. Now I have to choose a receiver to go along with them. My price range is probably in the $300 range. I'll need a powered subwoofer, too. Are there any fairly cheap ones out there that perform well?
Steve

J

John Morris

Steve: I just went through this process for my recreation room upstairs. I got the JBL NSP-1 for $299 from J&R and the Sony WM40 subwoofer from a local Best Buy for $150. The sub was a non-opened, reduced purchase, because I noticed that a fork lift had ripped the box. After careful examination, I realized that the sub was perfect and asked for a reduction in price. As for my receiver, I was lucky and bought a Toshiba SD-6109C DVD/Receiver for only $229. It was a B stock item and had a small scratch in the rear, but works perfectly, and came with a one year Toshiba warranty. So for less than $700 I got a pretty decent system. Shop around, and you'll probably do better. Check out Ubid for good deals on receivers... but shop and bid smartly and always consider the inflated shipping prices.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
I was just searching the topics for subs and a lot of people like that Sony. I think I'm going to pick one up and have it here for when I get the rest of my stuff. I could get one on-line for $170 shipped.

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
I found one for about $160 shipped. I'm going to purchase that tonight. I'm now looking for a receiver. Any opinions on the Kenwood VR-507?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks