What's new

It appears that ET was definately supposed to have a slipcase! (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
In weeding through last month's October issue of Home Theater Magazine (a magazine that, incidentally, will not be renewed), I noticed an ad for a RP HDTV. In the image from the ad, there is a scene from the new ET DVD. Beside the TV is a small-print notice telling you that ET is finally coming to DVD on October 22. Pictured next to the text is a picture of the DVD that clearly shows writing on the spine of the DVD. I guess that in all of the problems in last minute decisions (i.e. changes in packaging due to the inclusion of the 1982 version), the slipcase was nixed.
This ad may be in other publications, but it is definately there. Anyone else notice this?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I believe it was pictured this way in the K-Mart ad, where you could see the title on the spine. But it struck me as more of a Photoshop graphic than an actual photo of the product.

I've already got mine in a custom case.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I've taken the 'cheap' way out for the time being by using a black marker to write in E.T. over the lightest part of the spine.

Joel

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Tom,
I posted a link to the custom cover art on page 18 or so of the massive E.T. thread here. I actually found it over at DVDtalk's forum. I'll try and locate a direct link and post it here.
UPDATE:
Here's a link to the post at DVDTalk. The user who posted has several different sizes there, so I figured it would be easier to post a link to the post than repost all the direct link here.
E.T. Custom Art
Personally, I opted for the one with the same back as the DVD. looks pretty good on my shelf!
Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks