What's new
World Wide Stereo

Issues after 16:9 HD set serviced. (1 Viewer)

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
After two failed attempts of in-home service and two at the shop, I finally have my tv back after being down for two and a half months.

Now there are some new problems that weren't there when the tv went in. Will not do auto-convergence and some bowing of the signal. (top and bottom of the picture are wider when watching analog 4:3 in normal mode and a hi def 4:3). Also, when I switched my dvd player from progessive to interlaced, I lost the signal. I had to disconnect power to reset the tv.

I have contacted the repair shop about these issues and will have to schedule another in-home visit.:angry: My question to anyone who reads this, Would you push to have this thing replaced? It failed three weeks before the year warranty and I purchased the extended warranty. The tv is a RCA HD61W140.

Thanks - Tod

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
After two failed attempts of in-home service and two at the shop, I finally have my tv back after being down for two and a half months.

Now there are some new problems that weren't there when the tv went in. Will not do auto-convergence and some bowing of the signal. (top and bottom of the picture are wider when watching analog 4:3 in normal mode and a hi def 4:3). Also, when I switched my dvd player from progessive to interlaced, I lost the signal. I had to disconnect power to reset the tv.

I have contacted the repair shop about these issues and will have to schedule another in-home visit.:angry: My question to anyone who reads this, Would you push to have this thing replaced? It failed three weeks before the year warranty and I purchased the extended warranty. The tv is a RCA HD61W140.

Thanks - Tod

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
You damn right I'd push to get a new one or at least get a replacement unit while your tv is gone for months at a time. How can they send you your tv back knowing full well they didnt fix the problems. Or did they fix the problems reported but more problems arose?
Just curious, where did you buy your tv from? was it new when you got it?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
You damn right I'd push to get a new one or at least get a replacement unit while your tv is gone for months at a time. How can they send you your tv back knowing full well they didnt fix the problems. Or did they fix the problems reported but more problems arose?
Just curious, where did you buy your tv from? was it new when you got it?

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response Jean.

It was new in the box and I bought it April 26 of 03 and it failed on April 6 of 04. I purchased it from Ultimate Electronics, formally Audio King.

The tv didn't power up one night when I went to watch it. So they did get it up and running, only after two and a half months. However, after getting it back I noticed these new issues which weren't there when it was working.

I'm just concerned that this thing is going to problematic from this point on because of all the work that was done to it.

Tod

Tod Golden

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response Jean.

It was new in the box and I bought it April 26 of 03 and it failed on April 6 of 04. I purchased it from Ultimate Electronics, formally Audio King.

The tv didn't power up one night when I went to watch it. So they did get it up and running, only after two and a half months. However, after getting it back I noticed these new issues which weren't there when it was working.

I'm just concerned that this thing is going to problematic from this point on because of all the work that was done to it.

Tod

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yeah, I'd see if they can fix it. Only after they fix it, sell it. Then look for a tv to replace it. It sounds to me like a problem tv. I dont know anything about Ultimate Electronics or how they operate so I cant help you there.

I had an issue with my tv in the beginning though. its a 55" Mitsubishi widescreen hd ready. I bought it from Tweeter, they are an electronics chain on the east coast, so I dont know if you know of them. But anyway, I got a five year parts and labor extended warranty for about $500. Turns out my tv had this problem with the color red. it seemed to pixilate red's. I had the service guy come 3 times in a few weeks. first time he claimed he couldnt see it. the next time he adjusted the colors from the service menu, the 3rd time he decieded to order a new processing board which was the problem all along. its fine now. But it took a while before it was all set. I was relieved afterward. Anyway, let me know how it goes I'm surious to see how they, and you, handle this issue.

-Jean

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Yeah, I'd see if they can fix it. Only after they fix it, sell it. Then look for a tv to replace it. It sounds to me like a problem tv. I dont know anything about Ultimate Electronics or how they operate so I cant help you there.

I had an issue with my tv in the beginning though. its a 55" Mitsubishi widescreen hd ready. I bought it from Tweeter, they are an electronics chain on the east coast, so I dont know if you know of them. But anyway, I got a five year parts and labor extended warranty for about $500. Turns out my tv had this problem with the color red. it seemed to pixilate red's. I had the service guy come 3 times in a few weeks. first time he claimed he couldnt see it. the next time he adjusted the colors from the service menu, the 3rd time he decieded to order a new processing board which was the problem all along. its fine now. But it took a while before it was all set. I was relieved afterward. Anyway, let me know how it goes I'm surious to see how they, and you, handle this issue.

-Jean

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Unless there is some three strike lemon policy, you might not be in a position to demand anything, but you can suggest it.

At some point, it will become far too costly to "service" the unit compared to the cost of replacing it.

Regards

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Unless there is some three strike lemon policy, you might not be in a position to demand anything, but you can suggest it.

At some point, it will become far too costly to "service" the unit compared to the cost of replacing it.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks