What's new

ISF Calibration of Sony 40XBR700 by Mr. Gregg Loewen (1 Viewer)

Steve Sz

Agent
Last evening I had the pleaseure of meeting Mr. Gregg Loewen who came to my home to calibrate my 40XBR700. For any of you who are even considering having your set calibrated I highly recommend Mr. Loewen who is ISF certified provide this service for you. Color accuracy, picture detail and geometry are nothing short of fabulous after he fine tunes your controls.
This is money well spent; YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I wish gregg would come out here and do mine, I wouldn't care what was going on I'd pay him, rent, car note, food! Something would not get paid if need be, lol.:D
But seriously I want my set done, but I want one of the guys here to do it (gregg, mike,etc). I dont wanna spend 400+ dollars for some local yocal ISF guy to do some half ass job on my $3000 tv!!:angry:

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi

Steve thanks for the thumbs up!

Lamarcus, Ill go anyway as long as my expenses are paid and I have at least 4 calibrations awaiting me. Let me know if your serious and we can start making some plans.

Gregg

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Gregg- Any chance of coming back to Southern Cali anytime in the next year? Hopefully in six months I'll finally have a Mits. 55" RPTV for you to calibrate. :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'd much rather put any display of mine in Mr. Loewen's capable hands than anyone else. Dunno if my present WEGA truly merits the attention, though my next one will!

Steve, can you kindly give us a breakdown of the before-and-after results? I'm very interested to hear what your XBR700 looked like after your own tweaks (assuming VE or AVIA) as well as after Gregg worked his wonders. Thanks.

Steve Sz

Agent
Jack actually I did not perform any tweeks myself as I am a novice in the true sense of the word. Gregg did teach me a few things but I didn't want to disturb him and ask him too many questions while he was at work.

The two most obvious and general improvements were improvement in color accuracy and picture detail. Also he removed the infamous red push (one of the few terms I think I DO understand).

Sorry I couldn't be more specific but I have just gotten my feet wet in the video arena; all I can tell you is the picture is truely stunning in my eyes.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI

Here is listing of currently planned tours. Please email me if you dont see your locale and perhaps we can make a new one!

·Local service includes: MA, ME, VT, CT, NH, and RI

·Regular trips to Detroit and Minneapolis via stopovers on North West Airlines

·Regular trips to Eastern Canada including the Maritimes

·Chicago in April 2002

·New Jersey, NY, PA areas in May 2002

·DC and Area in May 2002

·Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas, North Carolina areas in June 2002

·Virginia Beach area in July 2002

·San Diego and Los Angeles in late July 2002, September 2002, (every 3 months)

·South Florida November 2002

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,

I live in Long Island and was wondering how much you charge for the 40" Sony and what does it include?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
225 plus a 50 travel fee / deposit. I will be in your area May 15-20th

Here is a run down of what I do for the Sonys:

Image centering

Correction of geometry errors

Adjustment of overscan

Adjustment of red push

Gray scale adjustment of 480 P

Gray scale adjustment of 1080 I

front panel control adjustments of all inputs.

Email me if interested.

Gregg

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Gregg,

I really think you need to take a vacation to Alaska. Long summer days, great fishing, and some big screens that are in desperate need of good calibration. Ever consider making it this far north? What might it take?

Alex

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Alex, yes I would come, expenses would need to be covered and at least 4 calibrations waiting for me. Michael TLV ([email protected]) is another possiblity for you. He lives in Calgary, and could probably fly direct to Alaska.
Marshall, sorry but I dont. Try imagingscience.com and look for techs with gear. If you want me to come your way, expenses need to be covered and at least 4 calibrations need to be waiting for me (Am I sounding like a stuck record??) :)
Regards
Gregg

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Gregg:

What is your opinion of the 40" Sony's design & QC.

The 36" XBR had certain problems (like geometry) that mucho tweaking couldn't even fix. Do you feel the 40" set is better in terms of Sony QC?

Thanks.

Rich B.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi!

For a 4x3 set I really liked it. One thing that really bothered me is the need to reselect 16x9 enhanced when wanting to watch an anamorphic DVD. I guess no set is perfect.

I dont watch that much television so (personally) Id go with a 16x9 tube. I really like the Tosh and the Panny.

Regards

gregg

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes
Gregg,

Just wanted to say hello and let anyone who is considering your work know that I am exceptionally pleased with what you did on my TV a few months ago. When you were here, you told me to let my eyes adjust to the new settings and I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical... but as Ned had said all along when he recommended the services, you were right!!! My dvd's look incredible (even on my 4:3)... the brights are bright and the tones are comfortable on the eye.

So, to you Gregg, thanks again. and to anyone who is considering the services, give the man what he wants and get him to your hometown... it's all worth much more than the reasonable price you will pay!!!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yes Indeed! Call or email Gregg ! You will not regret having your set calibrated. I thought my new Sony 57HW40 was perfect right out of the box. Boy - was I wrong!
Gregg performed the calibration here in early February and to this day - I simply can't get over how incredible the image looks while watching DVD's!!! The colors are simply amazing! Or should I say - PERFECT!
Thanks again Gregg!~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks