What's new

Is this quote from a movie? (1 Viewer)

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
... and let us never speak of this again.
Someone said that to me today and I couldn't help but think that line is from a movie. All I could come up with was Spaceballs where Darkhelmet says ".. in fact never play this part again." But it's been bugging me trying to think where that quote is from.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It's a common phrase. I'm quite sure I've heard it on numerous TV shows, probably some movies as well.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone name some movies or TV shows they've heard this in? I'm still trying to think of one. Thanks.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
David,
I've got one...
Marge says something like that in an episode of The Simpsons. The exact episode escapes me, but had Bart asking her something to which she replied something along the lines of:
"Your uncle had a saying, 'Kill 'em all and let God sort it out'. Unfortunately, he put his theory to practise one day. It took nine Federal Marshals to bring him down. Now, let's never speak of it again."
That's all I can think of. :)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone name some movies or TV shows they've heard this in?
On "That 70's Show" during an episode where the gang recounts how they met each other, Hyde and Eric end up in a bath together. Hyde utters the "Let us never speak of this again" line.

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
It was used another time on the Simpsons, at the end of the episode where they go to Itchy and Scratchy Land.

They've just short circuited the killer robots. Bart and Lisa agree that it's the family's best vacation ever. Marge says they're bonkers.

Lisa says something like: "But we were brought together as a family, we got a lot of exercise out doors, and we have so many memories."

Marge thinks for a moment than says: "You know you're right: This truly was the best vacation ever. Now let us never speak of it again."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks