Is this a completely boneheaded idea or what?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip Hamm, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Before you read this, know that I am no "golden eared audiophile". I appreciate good audio and imaging, but I'm not that detail oriented.
    I may be replacing my DVD player in a couple months to one with DVD-A. The only problem is that I need a switch for 5.1 audio. My system is very DB25-centric right now so I was thinking of getting a DB25 switch at a computer store for audio switching. Sound reasonable?
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker

2. John_Pech

John_Pech Extra

It should work, as long as it goes through the volume control of the pre-amp. Otherwise, you won't have control of volume with the DVD-A.
    Can we say full volume? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    I got two turntables and a microphone

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Phil - doesn't you Onkyo have a DB25 input? An RCA to DB 25 adapter could be bought or made and used from the 6 channels into the DB25.

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

My Proscan DVD player is showing early signs of possible death or rreplacement. If I got something new, it would be DVD-A. That would mean I need some kind of way to switch between my current decoder chain and the DVD player's 5.1 outputs. I think since I've got so much DB25 stuff a DB25 switcher would be the most convenient way to go.
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker