What's new

Is this a completely boneheaded idea or what? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Before you read this, know that I am no "golden eared audiophile". I appreciate good audio and imaging, but I'm not that detail oriented.
I may be replacing my DVD player in a couple months to one with DVD-A. The only problem is that I need a switch for 5.1 audio. My system is very DB25-centric right now so I was thinking of getting a DB25 switch at a computer store for audio switching. Sound reasonable?
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

John_Pech

Grip
It should work, as long as it goes through the volume control of the pre-amp. Otherwise, you won't have control of volume with the DVD-A.
Can we say full volume?
biggrin.gif

------------------
I got two turntables and a microphone

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Phil - doesn't you Onkyo have a DB25 input? An RCA to DB 25 adapter could be bought or made and used from the 6 channels into the DB25.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My Proscan DVD player is showing early signs of possible death or rreplacement. If I got something new, it would be DVD-A. That would mean I need some kind of way to switch between my current decoder chain and the DVD player's 5.1 outputs. I think since I've got so much DB25 stuff a DB25 switcher would be the most convenient way to go.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks