What's new

Is there such a thing as a 'DVD Tester'. (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Since PC DVD drives operate at several times the standard read speed, I was wondering if any DVD software has a 'scan' option that reads the entire disc at maximum speed looking for read errors.

This would save me alot hassle since I buy alot of used and clearanced stuff and often don't get around to watching them till much later.

I'd like to have a method of checking discs quickly without having to watch them end-to-end right away.

Roger_R

Second Unit
You could just copy the files to your PC. DVD drives reads again if they encounter an error so you will not get a read-error after it has tried several times. This means that a movie might skip on your stand-alone player but it can still be read. I don't know of a software that can count the read-errors and the number of retries.

Also, PC DVD-drives are often better at reading scratched discs than stand-alones (the manufacturers should really get around to fix this) so a movie that doesn't skip on your PC may skip on your stand-alone. This makes normal software DVD-players useless for this purpose as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks