What's new

Is the One-For-All Cinema 7 a learning remote? (1 Viewer)

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Today I was looking around at wal-mart and radioshack. Anyway, I saw the Cinema 6 remote at radio shack for $45! Canadian. I then saw the Cinema 7 at wal-mart for only $17 (canadian). The cinema 6 said learning right on the package put the cinema 7 did not, does this mean that a later model in th same series does not support learning? 17 bucks is a great deal so I think I will get it even if there is no learning but I would still like to know.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
There are two models of both the Cinema 6 and 7 remotes. The 6200 and 7200 are the non learning versions of the Cinema 6 and 7 while the 6800 and 7800 are the learning models.

Costco carried the 6800 for a short period of time for $20CDN. I have one, still use it and love it (it is the only remote I need to control my entire system). Best $20 I ever spent. However without the learning abilities it would be useless.

I have only ever seen the 6200 and 7200 at Walmart. I've seen the 6800 and 7800 at RadioShack but for $50CDN. Which sucks, because if Costco could sell them for $20, Radio Shack should at least be able to do $30 if not $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks