What's new

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? (2 Viewers)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Problem is all the great stuff has been released except Burns and Allen, Ozzie and Harriet, Danny Thomas, Andy Griffith, FKB etc would like to complete Donna Reed though. My Three Sons now up to season 5 I think, one great show I want to grab is DEADLINE starring Paul Stewart. Would love to see complete shows of Ed Sullivan and Jackie Gleason but rights issues would be a nightmare.

MPI released the first of Donna Reed.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
My most wanted remains "Burke's Law", S2 but alas I know it will never come and I'll never forgive Timeless for not doing it when they could have (instead of shoving a third release we didn't need of "I Spy" down our throats and more westerns).

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
What in the world could it be? :dance:

Gary “thanks for the heads up, Bob“ O.
Gary, you must also be doing a happy dance at the prospect of what I believe is your biggest grail show (The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet) coming out in official, restored season sets. Happy for you. I'll be all over that one, too.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gary, you must also be doing a happy dance at the prospect of what I believe is your biggest grail show (The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet) coming out in official, restored season sets. Happy for you. I'll be all over that one, too.

Yes I am, Jeff. I’m absolutely thrilled that we may finally get to see The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet cleaned up and presented in season set form. It’s been a long wait, but if it comes to fruition it will have been well worth it. I can’t think of another show that puts me in such a good mood every time I watch it.

Gary “this has been my most wanted grail show for a very long time now“ O.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Still on my black-and-white want list:
Father Knows Best (Blu-Ray)
The Donna Reed Show (seasons 6-8)
December Bride
Trackdown
Pete and Gladys
Ben Casey (seasons 2-5)
Breaking Point
The Cara Williams Show
The Reporter
The Baileys of Balboa
Slattery's People

~Ben
You may want to add Tallahassee 7000 to the list, it has Walter Matthau in it!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yes I am, Jeff. I’m absolutely thrilled that we may finally get to see The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet cleaned up and presented in season set form. It’s been a long wait, but if it comes to fruition it will have been well worth it. I can’t think of another show that puts me in such a good mood every time I watch it.

Yes, you are right to emphasize the word "may," Gary. You just never know with these things. But the rumblings are very positive indeed. Fingers crossed that everything about this release goes according to plan! As you say, it's been a loooong wait.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm glad it's MPI as well.

While they never seemed to enjoy the budgets some other publishers had and typically have relied on old videotape transfers, every one of the dozen or more MPI sets that I have had the feeling that a lot of TLC was invested into it.

Just this year, I went through their big Donna Reed boxset and loved every moment of it. Will be thrilled to hopefully be able to buy similar releases for Ozzie & Harriet.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
You may want to add Tallahassee 7000 to the list, it has Walter Matthau in it!
I have the Thomas Film Classics DVD set and it has a dozen episodes, not the full 26. Herbert Leonard produced the series for Lenwil/Screen Gems, they were transferred to tape in late 80s by LBS/CPT, airing on Nostalgia Television. MPI may want to take a stab at it!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I have the Thomas Film Classics DVD set and it has a dozen episodes, not the full 26. Herbert Leonard produced the series for Lenwil/Screen Gems, they were transferred to tape in late 80s by LBS/CPT, airing on Nostalgia Television. MPI may want to take a stab at it!
Thomas Film Classics brings back old memories. I bought my first Super 8 Sound Projector and my first BetaMax from Denny Thomas a long long time ago. I think he has passed but his film collection lives on in Thomas Film Classics.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

Gary “this has been my most wanted grail show for a very long time now“ O.
I agree 100%. Great news. It will be nice to see uncut episodes(maybe including original commercials) and later episodes with Rick singing.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Thomas Film Classics brings back old memories. I bought my first Super 8 Sound Projector and my first BetaMax from Denny Thomas a long long time ago. I think he has passed but his film collection lives on in Thomas Film Classics.
Denny is still alive. He sold his website a few years ago but still has a small business via email.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Hillary-teaser.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'm positive. I'm positive. I'm positive positive positive!

View attachment 97121

Either these are the most obvious set of prerelease announcement clues in the history of the 3D Film Archive, or else it's their biggest "Gotcha!" ever!! ;)

Kidding aside, I sure wish I had some spare funds, these days! I just finally got around to finish viewing the first season of THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW fairly recently, and boy, does the poor visual quality and abrupt episode endings on the 2010 Complete Series DVD set make for some painful viewing moments! I'm really thankful I got this set for under $11 CDN at our local Wal-Mart, at least!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks