What's new

Is Paradigm resurrecting the Active series? (1 Viewer)

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I thought Paradigm had discontinued their Active line of speakers once and for all, but I came across an interesting report from the HE 2002 show.

On the Stereophile Guide to Home Theater website, in their report from day 2 of the show, it states:

"Paradigm used D-VHS in a system debuting their Reference series loudspeakers, which now include an active center channel, the Studio/CC, and active surrounds, the Studio/ADPs."

Now, I've read rumors of a Reference series v.3 being introduced in the fall, but this is the first I've heard of a new line of active speakers. Can anyone who was at the show or has inside Paradigm information confirm this? Perhaps the new Reference line will only include active speakers for the center and surrounds. Any info on the new Paradigm Reference series is appreciated. Thanks,

Cary

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Aaron,

I was lucky enough to get a pair of Active 40's from a Paradigm dealer in Vancouver, B.C. almost two years ago. I love the speakers and have yet to hear anything remotely close to their price range which outperforms them. I don't know what I'd do if my Active 40's were to break down in some way. Hopefully, Paradigm will continue to support the Active line well into the future, even though they have been discontinued for now.

It would be exciting news if Paradigm is planning a new line of Active speakers as mentioned in the Stereophile report. You'd think that Stereophile would be a reliable source, but who knows, maybe it is the old versions of the Active/CC and Active/ADP's they are referring to.

Did anyone at the HE2002 show see the new Paradigm Reference series mentioned in the Stereophile report?

Cary

John Cain

Second Unit
Paradigm told me they keep parts on hand and support speakers for at least ten years after they are discontinued..

I too have Active 40's and they are AMAZING....

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
John,

It's good to know Paradigm has the parts on hand to fix any problems that might arise. I figure there's more that can go wrong with an active speaker, so this makes me feel better about the Active 40's as a long term investment.

Cary

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Gentlemen

Surf on over to the AVS forum and pose your questions to Bill VanderMarel, Director of Sales & Marketing, at Paradigm.

He is scheduled to be a guest there on Sunday, 6/23/02. It would be under Special Interest > AVS Special Guests thread.

I own lots of Paradigms. Never heard the Active series. Wish I could.

Charles

The Paradigm web site (including the on-line catalog) still lists the following speakers in the "Active Series" -- the Active/20, the Active/40, the Active/CC and the Active/ADP. So everything but the floor standing Studio Series speakers appear to be available in active versions. Of course, the web site may simply be out-of-date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks