What's new

Is Media Mail Worth It? (1 Viewer)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I'm becoming ambivalent about the alleged advantages of Media Mail; I tried it twice so far without a problem (that is, the DVD showed up--though I don't recall the exact amount of days). However, I'm now awaiting a Media Mail item for nearly two weeks now. Has anyone had longer waits? What exactly does the post office do with this stuff?

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
The longest I've had to wait is almost a month to get my Marilyn Monroe box set. It all depends on how close you are to the person you are mailing and the difference between first class/priority and media. Also, if you are in any hurry!
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I heard it could even take up to four weeks, so I was wondering if anyone actually experienced that! I've reconfigured some of my pre-orders back to priority since a few choice items I DON'T want to keep vigil for! :)

MattSherlock

Stunt Coordinator
I work at a post office, one of large mail processing center where I live. All I know is the any mail marked as "media mail" is treated as 4th class mail. That is the least priority a package can have. Have it sent first class-priority mail.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Thanks! As long as this one shows up, fine--but I think from now on I'll pay extra postage when it really matters!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I use Media Mail all the time with very good luck. There's enough savings on heavier items, such as LD box sets, to make it worth it to me. Average delivery time is around a week. It has taken longer and, occasionally, shorter. Although priority mail delivery time is supposed to be 2-3 days, the reality is more like, 2-4 days typical with 2-7 days not uncommon. I wouldn't, however, use Media Mail around Christmas time.
Surprisingly, all my longest delivery times were sent priority mail.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks