What's new

Is it me or does SCIFI channel look bad? (1 Viewer)

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if its just me or has anybody else noticed that the SCIFI channel seems to have a blotchy picture. I notice digital squaring and poor dithering. Does anybody know if it indeed is just this channel or am I not doing something right?
I noticed as well that, none of the channels seem to broadcast in Dolby surround or stereo. There are a few that broadcast AC-3 but not too many. I could have swore that DirecTV was supposed to broadcast Dolby surround. I have a Dennon amp that decodes AC-3, THX, DTS as well as plain old surround but the surround feature never lights up. The 5.1 does on movies that claim to be 5.1.
Any thoughts, comments?
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chancy Gardner - Being There -

Dhananjaya Garcia

Auditioning
SciFi channel varies from pretty good to pretty bad, depending on the program. I have no problem getting Dolby Pro surround through my Sony TA-E9000ES, or DD 5.1 in the PPV or Starz movies that have it.
Cheers,
DJ

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
Dish had the same problem till just a few weeks ago, it seems they have cranked up the bandwidth some, as the channels that looked like crap now look a lot better. The
EPG has also magically gotten better lately.
Charlie said in his last chat that PQ would be improving soon, it looks like it is indeed. Let's hope it continues.
------------------
"I want my HDTV"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks