Is it me or are XBL supported games down to a trickle?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blu, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Release of XBL supported games sort of at a trickle instead of a stream?
    I think the potential for the XBL is pretty good but it seems to be suffering from a lack of software.
    Yes there are some good games now but I want more.

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Please do not user teaser headers in the future. Aside from being annoying it's the quickest way to reduce potential traffic to your threads. Many members will simply bypass them. I've modified your header (if you want me to change it let me know via e-mail).

3. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Not just you. Definitely a trickle. Bring on Midtown Madness!

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I'm a little disappointed, but I think it's to be expected somewhat. Many of the games that are out were being prepped as XBox Live launch games and might have had access to the tools and testing before other teams. I'm sure it'll start to pick up soon.

Of course, the number of actual releases for XBox hasn't been much more than a trickle either.

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

This month is Capcom vs SNK, Next month is PSO and Marvel vs Capcom. Then mid year is Wolfenstein, Counterstrike, Halo II, and more.

capt

6. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

plus, with MS buying Vivendi entertainment, who knows what we might see end of this year or early next. Half-Life2, Team Fortress 2, Worlds of Warcraft, Diablo Online anyone?

I've heard tell that Bungie is also developing some kind of pay-as-you-go episodic game for XBL exclusively, loosely based around the Myth gameworld. Like where you get a demo disc for $5 that has the first chapter and then you can pay $5 to d/l new chapters from XBL when they are released. Definitely a bold move if MS does that by Xmas...

7. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

OOOO! This is good news!

8. Parker

Parker Agent

i know capcom vs snk is live, but will marvel vs. capcom also be? haven't heard that.

9. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

Yes, it was announced on Capcom's site that MvC2 will also be Live enabled.

Joe, I thought the Vivendi thing was still a rumor, or has there been any confirmation?

10. Philip_S

Philip_S Stunt Coordinator

Well it is that time of the year for things to slow down. One or two good Live releases a month would be enough for me, until the holiday season onslaught.

And personally, I think Sony's offerings since the Network Adaptor launch have been completely underwhelming.

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

12. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I wish MS would fix the current games for Live. By that I mean the lobby system in MechAssault, better ability to find games in Ghost Recon and find a way to stop the cheaters on the stats for all games.

And where is all this downloadable stuff we're supposed to be getting? Granted, Live is still young, but they said there were going to be new Mechs and maps for MA in January and then they give us nothing, not even a lobby fix. I don't know about you but I was pretty disappointed when they hyped it up like they did and failed to deliver.

I fear that if this is the way it's going to be with future games, they are going to have their hands full with disappointed gamers. Just my 2 cents.

13. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

The Ghost Recon patch is in QA testing as far as I know. I myself have never had a problem finding games in GR, so that won't affect me very much.

They delayed the MA downloadable content for more testing, and instead of trickling out mechs and maps every week, they're going to give us all one big download with the maps and mechs.

14. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

I'm selling my copy of Ghost Recon because of the bug. It's very rare that I can find an online game in the lobby, and I certainly didn't buy it for the single player.

Where did you hear that the MA content was going to be one huge download? I had the impression they were still going to release it piece by piece, just that it was delayed.

Also, isn't Wolfenstien coming out this month? From people famalier with the game, do you expect it to have a better Live experince then Unreal Tournament?

15. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

the best way to do Ghost Recon is to schedule a time with a bunch of HTF members and play. Like we do on monday nights. Lots of fun

capt

16. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Kevin, you may want to hold off on selling your copy of GR. The patch that's in testing currently fixes the finding games errors I believe. Playing the Monday night games of GR with the HTF group is damn fun, and I wish I had more time to play with them.

As far as the MA downloadable stuff in one big "patch", I forget where I read that exact quote, but I'll look for it and add it to this post when I find it.

17. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I echo the need for patches for some very annoying bugs..
    i think that it has enough games coming soon, with midtown madness, midnight club 2, and the 2-d fighters will be a brand new expirience.

18. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

19. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I saw the clone wars live support while browsing yesterday. Knew i forgot to mention it here. All i know is its just another game i must get :)

capt

20. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer