What's new

Is it me or are XBL supported games down to a trickle? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Release of XBL supported games sort of at a trickle instead of a stream?
I think the potential for the XBL is pretty good but it seems to be suffering from a lack of software.
Yes there are some good games now but I want more.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Please do not user teaser headers in the future. Aside from being annoying it's the quickest way to reduce potential traffic to your threads. Many members will simply bypass them. I've modified your header (if you want me to change it let me know via e-mail).

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little disappointed, but I think it's to be expected somewhat. Many of the games that are out were being prepped as XBox Live launch games and might have had access to the tools and testing before other teams. I'm sure it'll start to pick up soon.

Of course, the number of actual releases for XBox hasn't been much more than a trickle either.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
This month is Capcom vs SNK, Next month is PSO and Marvel vs Capcom. Then mid year is Wolfenstein, Counterstrike, Halo II, and more.

capt

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
plus, with MS buying Vivendi entertainment, who knows what we might see end of this year or early next. Half-Life2, Team Fortress 2, Worlds of Warcraft, Diablo Online anyone?

I've heard tell that Bungie is also developing some kind of pay-as-you-go episodic game for XBL exclusively, loosely based around the Myth gameworld. Like where you get a demo disc for $5 that has the first chapter and then you can pay $5 to d/l new chapters from XBL when they are released. Definitely a bold move if MS does that by Xmas...

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
OOOO! This is good news!

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- February 5, 2003 --LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC today announced it is releasing a new version of Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Xbox Live this spring. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the first LucasArts console game available for play over the Internet and will offer expanded combat action specifically designed for Xbox Live. Star Wars: The Clone Wars for Xbox Live will allow simultaneous play for up to eight players over the Internet. In addition to voice communication capability, the game's new features consist of Conquest Mode, which includes a variety of new weaponry, boost power-ups, and battlefield teleportals.

Parker

Agent
i know capcom vs snk is live, but will marvel vs. capcom also be? haven't heard that.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it was announced on Capcom's site that MvC2 will also be Live enabled.

Joe, I thought the Vivendi thing was still a rumor, or has there been any confirmation?

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well it is that time of the year for things to slow down. One or two good Live releases a month would be enough for me, until the holiday season onslaught.

And personally, I think Sony's offerings since the Network Adaptor launch have been completely underwhelming.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Joe, I thought the Vivendi thing was still a rumor, or has there been any confirmation?
It's completely & utterly a rumour at this time. A strong one with lots of potential, but it's still definitely a rumour. Unless Joe knows something we don't?

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I wish MS would fix the current games for Live. By that I mean the lobby system in MechAssault, better ability to find games in Ghost Recon and find a way to stop the cheaters on the stats for all games.

And where is all this downloadable stuff we're supposed to be getting? Granted, Live is still young, but they said there were going to be new Mechs and maps for MA in January and then they give us nothing, not even a lobby fix. I don't know about you but I was pretty disappointed when they hyped it up like they did and failed to deliver.

I fear that if this is the way it's going to be with future games, they are going to have their hands full with disappointed gamers. Just my 2 cents.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
The Ghost Recon patch is in QA testing as far as I know. I myself have never had a problem finding games in GR, so that won't affect me very much.

They delayed the MA downloadable content for more testing, and instead of trickling out mechs and maps every week, they're going to give us all one big download with the maps and mechs.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm selling my copy of Ghost Recon because of the bug. It's very rare that I can find an online game in the lobby, and I certainly didn't buy it for the single player.

Where did you hear that the MA content was going to be one huge download? I had the impression they were still going to release it piece by piece, just that it was delayed.

Also, isn't Wolfenstien coming out this month? From people famalier with the game, do you expect it to have a better Live experince then Unreal Tournament?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
the best way to do Ghost Recon is to schedule a time with a bunch of HTF members and play. Like we do on monday nights. Lots of fun

capt

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Kevin, you may want to hold off on selling your copy of GR. The patch that's in testing currently fixes the finding games errors I believe. Playing the Monday night games of GR with the HTF group is damn fun, and I wish I had more time to play with them.

As far as the MA downloadable stuff in one big "patch", I forget where I read that exact quote, but I'll look for it and add it to this post when I find it.

Damien

Supporting Actor
I echo the need for patches for some very annoying bugs..
i think that it has enough games coming soon, with midtown madness, midnight club 2, and the 2-d fighters will be a brand new expirience.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Then mid year is Wolfenstein, Counterstrike, Halo II, and more.
I believe Halo II is not due out until end of year - just in time for the holidays. Add Project Gotham Racing 2 which will also support XBL.

Great news re: Clone Wars. Even as a single player campaign I would be getting it. Nice to see what I thought was a GameCube exclusive coming to Xbox. Now if LucasArts would only release Roque Squadron X!

ADDENDUM: Here's the link.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I saw the clone wars live support while browsing yesterday. Knew i forgot to mention it here. All i know is its just another game i must get :)

capt

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
All i know is its just another game i must get :)
Add it to the list. :frowning: I have at least half a dozen that I want to pick up, but I'm forcing myself to a) finish the few that I have that have barely been picked at, and b)wait until the launch prices drop as I'm sick of being stung.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks