What's new

Is is possible to get just the liner notes? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to get just the liner notes for a CD. A few years ago I made the stupid mistake of putting all my CDs into a binder and then disposing of the cases including the back liner notes. (and I've been kicking myself since) Anyways all I need really is the back cover as I put the front liner notes into the binder. This is one of those 100disc books and yes it's full:frowning: , though once I filled it, I thankfully didn't buy another one and just kept all my purchases from then on in the jewel cases.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Well I would be willing to pay for them, as long as it not too much. I don't need to put all my CDs from the binder into jewel cases just certain ones, as the others were purchased before my taste in music changed, and as such would not be worth the hassel.

Is it possible to order the liners from the record labels or distributor?

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
I've never heard of anyone being able to buy replacement liner notes from the record companies. However if you have any friends with the same CD you can borrow it from them and either color photocopy it, or scan it onto your computer and then print it out. Also, there are a number of websites that have a large collection of scanned liner notes (usually just the front and backs) that you can download. If you do a search on Yahoo and Google, you should be able to find a bunch. I've used both of these methods when making backup CD-R copies for many of my CD's in the past. If you use high quality glossy paper when printing or photocopying, you'll have a hard time telling the difference between the original and copies, especially if they are in jewel cases. That's been my experience anyway. Hope this helps.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
Also, there are a number of websites that have a large collection of scanned liner notes (usually just the front and backs) that you can download. If you do a search on Yahoo and Google, you should be able to find a bunch. I've used both of these methods when making backup CD-R copies for many of my CD's in the past. If you use high quality glossy paper when printing or photocopying, you'll have a hard time telling the difference between the original and copies, especially if they are in jewel cases. That's been my experience anyway. Hope this helps.
Good idea I already found one with some quality scans, seems this will be the easiest solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks