is gunmetal worth picking up?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by shane_watson, Jul 27, 2002.

1. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

this is a game with some awesome in game screens + changing from a robot to jet,if anyone has heard of any good previews or anyone with hands on with this game please give me any and all opinions because next to halo this is second on my gottahaveometer!

2. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

Is this the game that requires the $200 custom controller? If so, I'll pass...

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

4. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

That is definitely a glowing review. Looks like this could be a fun single player game.

Chris

5. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

i'm looking forward to Steel batallion more than Gun Metal.
    I heart custom controllers, even if they are only good for one game.
    Virtual-On would have sucked without the twin sticks.

6. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

i guess this will have to do until steel batallion comes this fall,and yes i will pay 199.99 for the game w controller.

7. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

The latest version of OXM has a demo of this game. I got it last night and played for a little while. Graphically it's very impressive, but I don't think it's my style of game. Anyone who is into aerial combat will likely love it, and switch from a mech to a jet is definitely tres cool. The game itself isn't to my taste (basically I just suck at these types of games), but if aerial combat is your bag, you won't be disappointed from what I can see in the demo.

If anyone's interested, the demo is in the latest OXM, which has a picture of Unreal on the front.