What's new

Is Eddie Murphy's "Party all the time" the cheeziest song from the 80s? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Its pretty bad. I love the 80s and all but after *purchasing* this song and giving it one listen its in the recycle bin. I could see Eddie releasing this tune today for some of his recent movies have even been worse. Perhaps its time for Eddie to take a second stab at a musical career... :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
They had a "Cheesiest Song of All Time" call-in poll on my local sports talk radio show this morning. I think the favorite was the Shatner/Nimoy version of "Mr. Tambourine Man". But 80's song? What about that corny Don Johnson ballad that came out right after Miami Vice hit big? I don't even remember the name of it. And that ballad by "soap opera hunk" Jack Wagner would be up there, too--they played that one this morning.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
The song by Jack Wagner is All I Need. One of the first cassettes I ever owned. The ultimate cheese!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
"Somebody's Watching Me" by "Rockwell" (Barry Gordy's son) with special guest backup vocals by Michael Jackson.

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
My personal vote would be for Spandau Ballet's "True". I pray for deafness whenever that is played...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I actually like the Don Johnson song "Heartbeat". :)
No, the cheesiest song is without a doubt Carl Lewis' song "Break it up". Yes, the 80's track star. Here it is, with a cheesy video too (QuickTime): http://www.carllewis.com/video.music.1.html
Check out the rest of that site for his "acting demos" too. :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Britney Spears' "Baby...One More Time".

I like 80s music, so I've gotta list something I find cheesy from the 90s. Cheesiness isn't an exclusively 80s thing.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Right?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Mike S thanks for the link. That is definetly the worst song (and vid) that I have seen to come from the 80s. Eddie is saved!

While technically not from the 80's these two songs are supposed to take place in the 80's:

You Got The Touch
Feel My Heat

The movie "Boogie Nights" captured 80s cheese perfectly!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
We are the Bears - shufflin' crew
somethin'-somethin'-somethin'--doin' it for you
Who remembers that second line?
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks