What's new

Ironside Season 2 - Up for pre-order! (1 Viewer)

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Found this yesterday at deepdiscount. Nothing like speeding up the releases, especially since there's 8 seasons of this one.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Picked up a copy locally today - I think that I can somehow find the time tonight to watch one or two episodes. :)

BobSchneider

Second Unit
LOL Groovie I just got my pre order season two in the mail today form DDD early! The offical release in stores is oct 16th I got mine today on oct 12. Sooo cool
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
. It makes up for the Ironside season one prat fall with DDD which I ordered free shipping aka parcel post, and three weeks later I had it. This time the pre order was such a good deal I used first class mail option and got it before the 16th LOL
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
. Im going to start checking out tonight. :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've been savoring this S2 set from Shout the past couple of weeks. Really nice transfers and once again the episodes appear to be uncut.

The show holds up very well in my book thanks to some great writing and the stong cast. For example, the episode I watched yesterday was written by noted mystery writer Brett Halliday (wrote the Michael Shayne series) and had Burgess Meredith as the guest star. Burr, as expected, is very good throughout. Thankfully the writers finally dropped "flaming" from his vocabulary in S2 :)

Hopefully sales will be strong and encourage Shout! to continue releasing this.

Steve

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Ive actually watch all of season two so far and its loads of fun, as usual with older shows some epsoside hold up better than others but over all most of the esposide are in the A- to B+ range and are very to watchable. Personally though I wish the video capture quality was a little better, some of the wide angle night shots are a bit fuzzy and blurred on my 27" pasnsonic tube, Id have some doubts how good this set would look on lcd hdtv, but over all the video and audio capture quality does not get in the way of enjoying the eposides, it could also be that the transfer sources that Shout is working with isnt so great, But like Ive said before I think the excellent transfers for Hawaii 5 0 and mission impossible have spoiled me abit. Also again there was no Close Capationing of this set which is unforunate, B. Ward on Shout forums has explain the cost factors envolved with CC, but considering the average age of audence or for some on like me who likes CC for night owl viewing CC is a great bonus on any set. Other than that I really enjoyed watching season 2 of Ironside and it will stay in my dvd collection.
Im looking forward two season three.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks