What's new

Ipod Question. (1 Viewer)

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I have a 40GB ipod (the latest generation) and for some reason I can't stop my songs from shuffling. I set it to shuffle from the main menu, not from the settings menu but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. If any one knows how to un-shuffle my ipod I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
If you select the Shuffle item in the main menu, the iPod will start shuffle play of every song on the HD.

If you select particular songs, albums, etc. in the usual browse tree, and the Shuffle item in the Settings menu is on, the iPod will shuffle whatever you select.

So to stop shuffling, disable the Shuffle in the Settings menu, and avoid the top-level Shuffle.

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
By top-level you mean on the main page? What's the easiest way to shuffle/unshuffle?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Go to Settings > Shuffle, and turn it off.

If you want to shuffle songs by the same artist, playlist, or genre, then turn shuffle on and just hit play on the artist/playlist/genre.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I've reset my ipod, but mostly only when it locks up on me.

I just did it now to see what would happen, the time stayed the same, the time zone stayed the same. All it did was reset the clicker to on, equalizer to none, and turned off shuffle, repeat, and sound check.
not a big deal. if you're having a hard time resetting something go ahead and use the reset all.

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
How did you reset it? I'm reading different ways to do it and the one I tried didn't work.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Go into extras, then it's at the bottom
if your ipod is frozen and you need to reset it (i don't think this resets the settings though) switch it from hold to unhold then hold down menu and play/pause (at the same time) for like 5 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks