What's new

Invisalign braces - anybody using it? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I found an ad for Invialign braces that are clear plastic forms that re-align teeth. Anybody here get them and what do you think of them. After reading about them, I think I fall into the group that can use it (pending a consultation, of course). My upper front teeth have moved further apart over the last 20 years, producing a small, but noticeable gap in the two front teeth. I know some famous celebrities keep their gaps, but for me, I notice it and it looks so bad in pictures, I don't smile in photos anymore.
To those who are also curious, can check out their website:
http://www.invisalign.com/
I want to go from :) to :D

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Anthony - I guess you could say I'm sorta a user of these. I had actual braces for 2 years and when I had them off, my dentist made a clear upper retainer for me to wear at night while I sleep. This simply keeps my top teeth straight. (He put a wire across the back of the lower teeth to keep them straight.) If I go without wearing it for a couple days, the next time I put it in, it hurts like hell because my teeth have shifted slightly and the retainer is pulling them back together.

Now, how these work v/s actual braces, I'm a bit skeptical about it. But it may actually work. I really don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks