What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Right, like an old model?

If the cop has been there for 10 years, what if he is Model A and the current invasion is the new and improved Model B?

The 'A's don't know this, of course, and the new 'B's won't tell the 'A's that they are obsolete! What a mess! :)

Glenn

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The blurb in EW was interesting. Shaun Cassidy said "We find out that what's going on is an experiment that's failed in other places — but for some reason it seems to be catching on here." It kind of makes me think of 2001 and the aliens farming planets with life.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Is Invasion tonight a repeat? The little desc I get on my on-screen guid seems it may be.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/9/05

I tried to watch this episode around midnight via time-shifting, but kept falling asleep, and then I'd wake up, thinking I'd missed something, so I did the rewind, but then realize I didn't miss much, and then I'd nod off again, and this cycle repeated itself about 5 times, but I somehow managed to make it through the episode, but there was so little meat to this episode, I don't know if I'll make it through next week's episode (but I'll catch that "live" because I did watch CSI:NY for the conclusion of the CSI:Miami crossover, that won't happen next week). So far, still a disappointing show.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
So why didn't Larkin grab the walkie-talkie after she freed herself? Why didn't she lay on the horn in the car (either one) so folks can hear it? Why doesn't she travel with a photog when she is working on a story? What does she just show up for her live-shots and go home?

I am rapidly losing my patience with this show.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I am so with you on that.

We're saying, "Pick up that walkie-talkie you were trying so hard to reach earlier! Put your shoes back on! Turn around and follow the path your car made as it crashed into the woods from the road about 40 yards back!"

I'll buy the weird fish aliens if you give me some common sense actions.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was pretty good. The guy in the car was creepy. Though, after a few weeks of the guy sitting in his scat, I'd probably try to find something to throw over the seat.

No answer for that one.

It was hilarious the way they had two separate shots of Tom activating his w-t after signing off, without the audience getting to know what he was saying. For some reason, it reminded me of Ted's drinking problem on Airplane!.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think this show might be better watched all together. i watched the first few episodes but there's not 'wow' factor, in terms of story or a screen hottie.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
The last couple of episodes have been pretty good and the pace is picking up a bit. Totally agree on the walkie-talkie thing- what an oversight!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That's a good description of what's lacking. Everything is done in such a bland manner.

As for screen hottie, the sheriff's daughter is pretty easy on the eyes, IMO.

derek

Second Unit
Did anyone else catch the CGI of the fisherman's guy truck/boat making a U turn and the pickup truck coming up the supposed south florida road? I replayTVed it a few times and just wondering why the heck that had to superimpose shots like that. As to the show...still moving slow but a good episode. I liked the whole 'mom/son/divorce' talk. Good acting by Larkin.

Don S

Stunt Coordinator

Well ... I agree that the acting is pretty good, and it makes for good character development. But, I feel like the show keeps taking detours. It is getting exceedingly slow and while the acting seems strong, I am quickly becoming disinterested. I hope they regain focus soon. For me, it has become the worst, and by-far the most boring of the 3 new sci-fi dramas (Surface, Threshold) ..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/16/05

So the pod people appear to be re-constituted facsimiles of the original people. But Muriel can't quite access her inner alien as the other pod people can.

Why did Tom-pod lie about not seeing something in the water?

mylan

Screenwriter
Possibly to not open a can of worms, if he did tell her he saw her body,it would have upset her,verified her suspicions.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

This really confused me. I thought the whole time that they were infected and now I find out they are completely different people??? Why don't the bodies float?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Uh, hasn't that been obvious from the beginning? I thought the copies appearing naked, needing to be kick-started, was something of a dead giveaway, as was the corpse with the wedding ring.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched since the first episode. Can someone in spoilers give me an update of whats going on?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think Tom-pod Tom-copy didn't know that he is a copy. He thought he was just changed. Also, the girl with the baby said to him that "you might think you know what's going on and that we're all the same but we're not" (paraphrased)

So that gives us some new clues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks