What's new

Invasion ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i figured the sheriff was already snatched. didn't he say stuff like, "it gets easier with time..." etc?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ok they officially lost me as a viewer last night...No more Tivo SP for me on this dog.

They lost me during the scene where the dumba** teen couple decide that it would be wacky fun to swim in an nasty a** swamp to see what's inside a sunken delapitaded camper...oh and once inside the girl says "wow, everything is upside down!"....WTF?? Why in the world would ANYONE do this? They sure didn't act like they intended to rescue anyone....

Oh and then when the girl runs home because the boy seems to have drowned...he was probably underwater for what 30 minutes (time it took for girl to RUN home, then for her uncle or whatever he is, to drive to the scene to rescue him..OH but he's still alive but barely...HUH???

I had such high hopes...totally a waste of time as it turned out.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Becuase kids are stupid.

To be honest, I didn't watch the first half because I wanted to watch my recording of "My Name Is Earl". The show isn't really grabbing me.

Jason

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I used to do dumb things when I was a kid, too. Never saw a trailer like that, but maybe I would have explored one if I did. The trailer interior was visually interesting, at any rate.

She did say, "Looks like no one's here" when they got in. It was pretty wide-open, so you probably could tell immediately. And, whether leaving him was a good idea or not, he was obviously not underwater the entire time. His head was in an air pocket when his father found him.

This show moves at a snail's pace, but I'm still inclined to stick with it for now. I don't watch much TV, so what the heck.

Don Black

Screenwriter
It moves too slowly for me unfortunately. I stopped watching 15 min. into yesterday's episode. I dropped Supernatural too...

It's just Threshold and Surface for me now...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like the pace. Nice ending too, and some plot development with the discovery of the air force recovery mission.

I definitely would have (unfortunately). I didn't find that scene to be anything but believable.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I agree. This show is S L O W. And the last scene with the doctor in the tub under water...what a cliche! Oh wow, she opened her eyes, quick! cue the scary music! wait, give us an eerie smile...there you go! That should hook our viewers.

:rolleyes

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The ratings seem to be lower every week. It's dropping nearly half the "Lost" audience.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This show is just too 'small' in scope to sustain any kind of weekly interest, IMO. It doesn't help matters that the scripts are lousy and the acting is not much better. Let's all mosey on down to the swamp and look at the lights in the water... Puhleease!:rolleyes

This is one invasion that should be retreating in short order.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was mainly hoping for a War of the Worlds-style action-packed invasion, and instead it's a slow-moving Body Snatchers plot. They really need to throw us some red meat at least once in a while. Nothing of substance has really happened so far.

They should have had Cirroc back in this week's episode, to go along with Armin's appearance.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He was "television assistant production guy" in episode 2. Blink and you'd miss him, but when they showed him head-on, I said, "WHOA, IT'S JAKE!"

If you still have a way to watch episode 2, he is best shown just a minute or so before the episode ends.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
This is still holding my interest. They're moving pretty slowly but I don't mind it so much. The ring seeming to be from the sherrif's dead wife - who may have been the skeleton in the trunk is intriguing.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I'm guessing its actually the ex-wife whose body was in the trunk. She was missing her ring and I'm guessing that the sheriff "re-used" the ring from his first wife.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was figuring it was the doctor's body too until the tip off on the sherrif's wedding date to his first wife. I don't see Dr. Muriel being too keen on taking a second hand ring though, but of course she might not have known.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
But remember, she took off the ring to wash her hands, and the sheriff said, "You don't want to lose another one." Cue the Twilight Zone music!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks