What's new

Into The Night - No insert? (1 Viewer)

Greg Havard

Auditioning
Did anyone have an insert on their "Into The Night" DVD? (Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Pfieffer)

There wasn't one in mine, and I just want to make certain mine isn't the only one without an insert.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I didnt know this was out! When was it released?

Yes, how is the transfer!

Greg Havard

Auditioning
I feel horribly underquilified to answer questions about the quality of the transfer on this DVD, but I thought it looked good. I didn't notice any obvious problems with it. Then again, I've been waiting for this movie for so long, I'd have bought it regardless of what the transfer looked like. It came out September 2.

One nice extra is the music video for "Lucille" by B.B. King. I'd completely forgotten about this until seeing it again on the DVD. The "backup band" in the video is made up of Goldblum, Pfeiffer, and Dan Aykroyd from the movie, plus Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin. Landis talks about making the music video and working with B.B. King on the soundtrack.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
As a long-time fan of the film, I was very pleased with the transfer. It does a fine job of reproducing the look of a film of this age and budget. To my knowledge, this is the first NTSC release of the film in widescreen (the laserdisc was fullframe), and with the 16:9 enhancement, the films looks about as good as I suspect we'll ever see it.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks