What's new

Internet retailers and Paramount HD DVD releases (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If you go into the collection of HD DVD as offered by several internet e-tailers, you won't find (most or all of) the Paramount HD DVD releases, while the Blu-ray counterparts of the same titles appear to be there.
Examples are Aeon Flux, Sahara and Four Brothers.

Just take a look at the sites of Laser's Edge, Amazon or DVD Planet.
However, DVD Empire (to mention an exception) doesn't seem to suffer from this strange illness.
Apparently something is wrong there, because in reality those titles were released several weeks (months) ago already.

I suspect that there's something wrong with the distribution info sent to those e-tailers, or else it's something we're not aware of.

But it's very, very strange indeed! If one of those "problem"-sites was the one you used to order from, you cannot get those Paramount titles of them.

Cees

MarekM

Supporting Actor
as you maybe remember problem was also with TROY, for long time on amazon with "NOT YET RELEASED" hmm

Marek

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, but that seems to be fixed at the moment, and Troy is Warner.

It really seems like "Paramount" is the common denominator in all the remaining problem titles now.

Cees

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Well, it will be interesting to see if Amazon gets my order of the Mission Impossible Collection out on time. Personally, I think Amazon was not stocking enough product. Many people waited a few weeks to get titles that were already on retail shelves... and that wasn't limited to Paramount. My last order arrived quick but this week's shipment includes the Mission Impossible Collection, V for Vendetta and Excalibur. I wait anxiously.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Aaron,

Inside Amazon, it wasn't limited to Paramount. But looking at it "horizontally" (:) ), over the 'net: when several sites are NOT listing the HD DVD title, but ARE listing the upcoming BD release (even if it was released later), it's a Paramount title.
And sites who are having this problem, have it too with MORE paramount titles (if not all!).

Cees

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Amazon still shows the HD-DVDs of We Were Soldiers and The Italian Job as "not yet released" when in fact they came out in early August. I have emailed my pants off and always get a canned answer back. Wanted to use the amazon prime free 2 day shipping deal and the 10% off....looks like I will have to get those titles elsewhere. Other than that, Amazon has been very fast and good to me :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
We should all send an appropriate e-mail (bottom of page, "reactions") to Amazon, telling them that since August their Paramount HD DVD releases of the first period aren't updated (while the BD info is there).

This costs them orders.

They may not read each and every individual reaction (although they claim to do so), but *lots of 'em* may finally get some attention.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks